Another Adventure

Start from the beginning

                I didn’t relax my stance until the bike came to a complete stop.

                My thighs loosened from around him as I quickly hurried off onto the solid ground. Shivering, I waited as he unlocked the door leading in, holding it open for me. He surprised me by bringing the motorcycle inside with us.

                I didn’t question it though.

                “Why did we come here?” I asked, turning around. The heat must’ve been on for it was much warmer in here than in my own house.

                I preferred it this way.

                He shut the door behind us, walking over to the computers. I stood a few feet behind as he typed away commands.

                “I thought we could talk here.”

                “And we can’t at my house?”

                “Your grandmother could walk in. There’s always that possibility.” He paused for a moment as he focused on the technology before him. “That and I feel more comfortable having you in my territory than vice versa.”

                I didn’t respond.

                A few moments passed, and neither of us spoke.

                “Take a seat on the couch. I’m almost done.” He instructed.

                I turned on my heel, following his orders. I sat patiently on the leather couch as I waited for him to finish up whatever it was he was doing. He hesitated a moment before walking toward me slowly. I moved over to give him room.

                “Why are we here?” I asked again.

                He made himself comfortable on the couch, hanging an arm around the back of it. I angled my body to face him.

                “Do you remember what happened last night?”

                My face lit up.

                I had a nasty feeling this was what he wanted to talk about. Learning his name was the only positive thing that had happened last night.

                He laughed at my reaction. “I guess you do.”

                “Do we have to talk about this?” I groaned, “This is so embarrassing. I was drunk off my ass. Don’t blame me.”

                He smirked, “I think I rather enjoyed drunken Avery.”

                I scowled, “I didn’t.”

                “Your strip tease aside, do you remember what happened?”

                “I did not do a strip tease! You walked in at a bad time!” I crossed my arms, “And yes, I do remember.”

                He waited for me to elaborate.

                “Tyler.” I added on to emphasize my point.

                He cussed under his breath. “I was hoping you may have been too drunk to remember any of that.”

                I giggled, pulling my legs to my chest.