✙ Chapter 12 ✙

Start from the beginning

"He's a jerk," he muttered, shaking his head.

"No shit."

"He thinks he's better than everyone else because he's Beta," Brody continued, glaring at Cole who was locking one of the cells, his back turned to us. "You know what? Why don't you smash another vase on his head? Maybe it'll knock some 'nice' into him."

I grinned. "Why don't you?"

"Because, he'd beat me up - he'd kill me!" he said, eyes wide. "And, I kind of enjoy living, just saying."

"So, you're scared of him?"

"What? Of course not," Brody said, rolling his eyes. "I'm scared of no one."

"Brody!" Drew roared, causing the two of us to whirl our heads around. Standing on the other side of the basement, surrounded by frantic women, Drew glared at us with his hands clenched into fists at his sides. Because he was an Alpha, his shifting was sooner and more painful, explaining the anxiety and worry in his eyes. "Why aren't you getting shackled?"

Brody gulped loudly. "Uh, I-I'm doing t-that now!"

He pushed away from the wall.

I shook my head. "Scared of no one, huh?"

"Shut up," he mumbled, before stumbling past me towards a group of men. Simultaneously, the men faced him and grabbed the nearest shackles, locking them onto his wrists. Brody glanced in my direction with a pout on his face, oblivious of the men scowling at him, impatiently. Grinning, I watched as he dropped to his knees, allowing the men to lock shackles onto his ankles, keeping him from rising back to his feet. They nodded to each other, before walking away from Brody, leaving him sitting by himself, silently.

From the corner of my eye, Drew waved the women surrounding him away, before whirling around and walking towards me. Exhaling loudly, I relaxed against the wall behind me, folding my arms across my chest. I looked at him, an annoyed expression on my face. Beads of sweat rolled down his skin, falling towards the concrete floor. His blue eyes, surrounded his snow-white pupils didn't stray from me and his posture held dominance. When he stopped in front of me, he scratched the back of his head, taking a calming breath. "I-I need to get shacked soon - but first, I need to deal with you."

"Way to make me sound like a liability," I said, rolling my eyes.

He narrowed his eyes. "That's one word for it." Then, he grabbed my upper arm and yanked me away from the wall. I scowled and opened my mouth to snap at him, but remembered he was on edge. On a full moon, the littlest things made a werewolf flip, which was why I needed to watch my mouth, especially around an Alpha. Slave to the moon, the power was much stronger against Alphas, like Drew. The last thing I needed was him flipping out on my ass. "It's time for you to meet Matt and Isabel."

Gripping my upper arm, he dragged me up the basement stairs, his chest heaving up and down. Upstairs, he started leading me down the familiar hallways, avoiding eye-contact with me. Passing a section of windows, I looked outside at the dark sky. Instantly, my eyes caught sight of the full moon; it wasn't going to be long until it was at its peak. A shiver shot up my spine as we turned down another hallway, appearing in a lounge. Sitting in a reclining chair, sat a girl with dark brown hair pulled back into a tight ponytail. Her green eyes shifted from the TV screen to me, widening. She rose to her feet along with a guy who was seated in one of the leather couches. He wasn't bad-looking with blonde hair and blue eyes, though he was scrawny.

"This is Isabel and Matt," Drew murmured, nodding at them. "They're going to watch you."

"More babysitters," I said, annoyed. "I'm not a child."