Cowboys and Angels

I sat on Toby right on her front yard watching her climb up out of the pool in that bikini and like WOW. She looked up and said "hey cowboy"

"Wanna go for a ride" I ask

"Sure can u go saddle Tex I'll be right out after i change"

"Yea no problem" I respond as me and Toby head for the barn behind the house.

As we walk around the back of the house Chase steps out and sets his jaw. But he watches me ride past and I tip my hat to him. I approach the barn and loosen the cinch on my saddle and give Toby some oats to munch on as I go to catch Tex. I bring him back into the little red barn and boost her saddle on his back. Unlike most girls Jessie doesn't use a barrel saddle but she used a stock saddle I brought from Alberta that had many hard miles of prairie under it. when I saw her step into the barn door my breath caught in the back of my throat she was just in plain cowboy boots jeans and a old button up shirt of mine with the sleeves rolled up, it really did fit her like a tent but somehow she was still beautiful she just put her damp hair in a ponytail. 

We rode down a old road then down onto a flood plain and see the cows ranging over its vastness. She sped up from behind me and stole my hat and spurred Tex into a run so I tapped Toby with my heels and we were away at a run, I lean down along his neck coaxing him on as we near behind her I ready myself then leap onto Tex's rump and wrap my arms around her and slow Tex to a standstill. I get my hat back along with a couple kisses and we lope to a small dry knoll and dismount and just sit there half cuddling. And like any self respecting 17 year old I tried but she smacked my hand and turned and gave me a kiss. We cinched back up and headed out riding across the land holding hands but occasionally urging our horses to lopes for a quick dash. 

We got back to her place and stalled our horses and I went in to watch a movie. As her family had the big screen we went into her room and used her TV and we hung out on her bed watching Netflix. pretty soon we both dozed off all tangled up on her bed; as her mom checked on us I woke up and apologized and began to work on sitting up to leave but her mom said the lightning was really bad and I could stay the night. 

In the morning I got up and as I walked out of her room with my shirt just on not buttoned up her family saw the massive scar on my stomach. They all asked what is was from and me saying "horse" apparently didn't cut it. But it was all I was gonna offer. 

Chase looked pissed when I slid my chair up to the table for pancakes. His stepdad gave us both a look, I was polite and tried to ask Chase questions but all I got was a grunt. when I went to leave after saddling up Toby I gave her a kiss and a hug and she grabbed an aging gelding and rode to the end of the driveway with me. I put Toby into a long lope and headed for home 10 miles away. 

____________________________________________________________________________________

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A few days later I was at  at a horse sale I was working for my boss. My job was to ride colts in the ring and show how well trained they were. Now these were fine bred quarter bred horses but the one I had my eye on was a big tall paint gelding or a thoroughbred gelding. I bought the paint cheap and picked up a nice fancy little mare for a Jessie. Just a little gift and I drove up to her moms place and unloaded the little mare. Jessie loved her and i boosted her up and led them around the yard. 

I knew as i left that the little mare scored me major points now to get to the highway i would drive south then turn east well about 2 miles past the corner there is Jessie sitting on her new mare; I pulled over at got out of the truck and walked over to her. " now there's a pretty picture" i said she hopped of gave me a huge kiss and said "I wanna be you girlfriend."