The whirlwind

In two weeks the lawyers were called. Tall men in stiff suits with greasy hair who tried to get my parents to fight. Like they needed another excuse to do that. The yelling permeated the house until mom left. It had been a long time since if cried. But I did lots that night. She moved to Lethbridge about an hour from our house, I didn't see her much any more. I really missed her but I was glad the fighting was over, but I came at a terrible price. I never saw my mom and my dad was depressed. My parents began going to court to settle things. The main issue was from what I could understand is that almost all of there money was tied into the ranch and neither of them wanted to share me. I hated that I was causing my parents to hurt each other this much. The court session lasted three days.  In the end my mom said that she wouldn't take half of the ranch. Which would entail dad having to sell it. If she could have complete parental control of me. I said I wanted to see dad some but he couldn't sell the ranch it would ruin him so I made the sacrifice. I moved into my moms place on Lethbridge after saying goodbye to my horses, dogs dad and grandfather. Lethbridge is a nice town although it can be considered flat when your used to mountain vistas. I missed my friends especially Clint I got a text from Clint after two weeks.
"Hey dude what's up" it read

"Well nice for u to actually talk to me"

Then I called him on my phone thinking it would be nice to actually talk to someone that I liked.

"Hey you smelly potlicker" I said harassing him per usual.

"Wow you actually decided to call one of your friends you abandoned there ginger"

" if this crazy witch ever lets me leave this town I'm gonna pound you Clint" I threatened.

I got a rather snippy " you know what buddy your just a whiny  drugstore cowboy; unlike us real range riders there's just flubbed on you"

" you know what you lazy wimp I'm all hard muscle; you get that from doing real work, not raising chickens" Clint raises chickens to make pocket money.

"Hey man I gotta go the horses need fed"

Already missing our conversation I quickly responded with " ok talk to you later" I dropped my head to my hands and tried to hold in the tears. When that didn't work I bolted for my new room and cried long hard sobs that came suddenly and lasted for an hour. I fought these feeling for a few months over the summer. In the fall I started school  in Lethbridge 11th grade is  interesting. Especially when you get in a fight on day three. It started when one kid didn't like when I took his spot on the bus on our way to the pool in gym so in shop we went out and settles it in the parking lot across the street. He pushed me and I went in swinging I double punch his nose, then drove onto his guts and followed that with a wicked hook to the side of his head. He fell to his knees and I grabbed him by the hair and hit him with an wicked uppercut and repeated that move two more times till he flopped onto the ground. Lethbridge would have new respect for Rusty Tyler