3: Knocked

3.

            I WAS gripped by my shoulders, as a curl fell into my eye. I wasn't knocked down but my body reacted like I was as my mouth hung agape. It was him in the flesh. My mind flashed back to the barrel between my eyes and the slight sweat beaded on his forehead.

           The hazeled eyed murderer.

           His light eyes searched mine as if looking if I had any recognition, it was weeks ago and dark, so I played it off.

           I shook him off and glared as my heart beat thumped in my ears, "Watch where the hell you're going." His side smile sent chills through my body, I didn't want to admit it, he terrified me.

           I passed by him our shoulders brushing, not letting him react, walking away with a sway to my hips. I turned the corner out of his sight and leaned on the wall. My stomach churned as I slid my hands down my face. I gripped onto my hair and took a deep breath, this was bad, very, very bad.

           I've never seen him in my entire seventeen years of life and when I finally do, he's ending someone life and now shows up at my school?

           "Oh shit," I breathed out loud, "Oh shit." I paced back and fourth. This isn't too bad, I mean this is a big school, all I have to do is stay clear, I thought nodding to myself, yeah just stay clear. A girl passed by looking at me warily.

           I fluffed out my hair ignoring the girl all together and made my way down the hall and into my classroom right on time. I sat timidly, if hazel eyes walked through that door I would commit. As the late bell rung I let out a inner sigh of relief.

           Aaaand she's safe.

           I sat on the bleachers with my reading glasses at the bridge of my nose and a book on my lap

           I sat on the bleachers with my reading glasses at the bridge of my nose and a book on my lap. Today was Thursday meaning I was forced to sit outside at the field with Katrina to watch Jason practice. Only reason why I would even come is because Jason would give us a ride after. I hated riding the bus, one word, ratchet.

           Katrina gripped my thigh as she sat up, "Oh my God, who is that?" I swatted her hand away as Katrina's cousin came and plopped herself down.

           "That's an angel right there," She whistled while her hand was above her forehead blocking the sun, "His name is Alec."

           My blood ran cold as I looked to where all eyes were on. Hazel eyes.

           "Yo Alec, I said I need more time! The yanks been cutting my hours!"

           Boom.

           I jumped and slammed my book shut. My entire body started to get hot.

           "Alec oh Alec, he's got to be the finest boy here," Katrina said, staring out to Ace doing drills.

           "I thought Jason was the finest boy here, even though its obviously Ryan," Lola teased, every girl had their favorite. Well, except me.

           "Look at him! I love Jason and all but that's one stunning fountain of caramel heaven!" I made a face, I wouldn't go that far.

           Oh, who am I kidding I would.

           "Caramel fountain with tattoos anna' bunch of them," Lola's head tilted. He is pretty attractive I couldn't lie.

           "He aight," I mumbled opening up my book.

           "You gay Ire? We won't judge you." I hit Lola as they laughed.

           "You know he's going to be a Noble, look," Katrina said. I looked out and there he was, joking around with the two members in need of a third. He would take my brothers place. That left a bitter taste in my mouth.

           "He definitely is," Lola agreed and I slowly nodded my head.

           I swallowed fanning myself, I would see Alec more than I planned.