60. "Danger Zone"

Start from the beginning

"Fuck." I interrupt Austin completely. If I had to hear him talking this way and beginning to act like a complete ass at this moment, I would be done with.

"Fuck, Austin okay... I know it's been weeks but please don't lecture me now, okay? Not right now. We'll do that, whatever you said. I just don't want to argue with you again as always."

In the past few weeks since the day I had seeked Austin's help and actually gotten it, things had taken a turn for the worst. It was as if I had to see a stranger every single night, someone I couldn't completely recognize.

Although, he could say the same exact thing about me... this? This was a feeling I couldn't shake off, it had began to feel like the first few weeks of meeting him. Cold, distant, rude and utterly awkward situations.

I take my fair share, it wasn't only him. I guess it was just time doing that thing it usually does where everything completely messes up and nothing can go back to the way it once was.

People grow apart and nothing could be done. Nothing can be done between him and I.

"Always?" he questioned, the tone of his voice still hasn't changed a bit but remained alarmed and irritated. "You always want to do things your way, and it can't be done. Even when you know it's not the right way. I'm teaching you to think better, since you can't seem to get your own brain to be useful even for that small simple task."

"You're teaching me to be better? To use my br-- Hold on," taking a small breather I tend to look away in the process, knowing his face in my sight will make me want to wrap both hands around his throat and never let go, though with my weak body compared to his, would be no use to get rid of him... itd still be enough to do some damage.

"You have absolutely no fucking room to talk, Mahone. You th-"

"Oh, we're back to last names again? That's what we're doing? Huh... I honestly thought it'd take us longer to reach there again. But guess I was wrong" he interrupted as he grinned.

"Dont interrupt me when I am tal--"

"When you're what?" he chuckled interrupting me again."Its not like you were saying anything important. Its always been your weak insults, that never strike a nerve."

"It sure did seem to strike earlier today when I rejected you, or did you forget already? I can move on in a blink of an eye from you, and as much as you may deny it... you know it would hurt."

"Don't talk." he murmured in between his breath. Austin's voice became lower within just a matter of seconds, it sent off vibes. Bad vibes from him I had only felt back then with that situation back at that one party months ago.

"I'll talk because I can."

"Just don't talk, Evans." This had been the first time he called me by my last name. I was making myself believe it was his way of getting back at me from calling him by his last name but I knew it was something way more than that.

I then witnessed as his jaw clenched and a small loose curl of his fell into his face, his glare was something so uncommon and foreign from him. I hadn't seen that in a while. He was angry. He was full of rage and everything inside him seemed like it wanted to explode. It was different.