Chapter 3

"Hi, I'm Castiel."

"His, Cas. I'm Dean."

Castiel blushed. No one ever calls him Cas. He kinda liked it.

"You okay?" Dean said waving his hand in front of Cas' face.

Cas blushed even harder know realizing he had just zoned out. His face now red hot.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. I... Uhhh... So, where do you want to go first?" Cas stuttered

"Oh, ummm, the food court." Dean said, hoping there would be pie.

Deans hopes were becoming reality. There was pie. Lots of it.

Dean turned to Cas to tell him where he wanted to go next. But then, their eyes met. Dean hadn't quite noticed them before. Castiels eyes were bright ocean blue and sparkled. Cas saw Dean's. They were a bright, leafy green and beautiful.

Wow, he's really cute Dean thought. He mentally slapped himself. I am straight as a ruler. (A broken one)

Cas caught himself from zoning out again.

"uh... So where do you want to go next?"

~

It was lunch time and Dean had no one to sit with. Sam was sitting with some friends he had made already and Dean didn't feel like bothering them. He looked over. Castiel was sitting by himself at a small lunch table in an antisocial corner.

I'll sit with him. Dean thought

He walked over to the boy who was quietly eating his sandwich.

"Hey." Dean said "I have no one to sit with so, I figured I'd sit here."

"Oh," Cas said "I think you're, like, the only person that thinks they would like to sit with me."

"I know the feeling." Dean said, remembering how many new schools had done that to him.

"Well, now we can both sit alone, together." Dean smiled as he reached out his hand to shake Cas'. "I'm Dean Winchester."

Cas blushed as he shook Deans hand. "I'm Castiel Novak. But you can call me Cas if you'd like."

"Well, Cas." Dean said "it's nice to meet you!"