Stay With Me {48}

Start from the beginning

I set the timer on the oven for 45 minutes. I pulled out my laptop and there was an email notification from our budget department that needed a formation map by 6pm today. Ian would always do them, but since he was sick I had to do it.

I knew how to do the maps since I would see Ian do it all the time. I made one once as a practice and I nailed it. I pulled up our last budget reports and after comparing and contrasting I drafted the map and after double checking I emailed it.

I heard some footsteps and looked up to see Ian leaning against the wall with grey sweats and a white t shirt. He seemed to have ditch his basketball shorts and also put a shirt on. He looked sick with his red eyes, red nose and the prominent bags under his eyes.

"You're still here" he said surprised

"Yes i'm still here. I told you. I'm not leaving"

He sat down next to me on the couch and looked over my shoulder, "What are you doing?"

"Work." I shut of my laptop, "Now I'm done."

He changed the topic and asked, "What's that smell? Did you cook?"

"Yeah I hope you don't mind but, I was hungry. It's a chicken lasagna"

The oven dinged and turned it off. I pulled it out of the oven using towels since Ian didn't have any oven mitts. After I placed it on the counter top I turned around and bumped right into a hard chest.

"Don't do that Ian. You scared me"

He looked unfazed by me and instead got himself a plate and placed his portion onto his plate. I made my own plate and chose to sit at the end of the couch. It seemed like whenever we were alone together we did things that we shouldn't.

The food was very tasty. I was nervous that it might taste disgusting but I thankfully pulled it off. I didn't expect him to give me compliment on the food but I could tell he enjoyed it when he got a second plate.

The silence let me mellow in my own thoughts, "At Gabby party you said you missed me" he looked up at me, "What do you mean"

"I meant exactly what I said. I missed you" he responded

What was wrong with him! Does he not understand the concept of having a girlfriend, "You can't! You still have a girlfriend. You can't just come up to me and kiss me while you know you have a girlfriend. It's not fair to me or her." he looked at me through red eyes. I felt bad for yelling at him while he was sick but this was a topic that we needed to talk about and I knew that once we got back into the office he would move on as if it never happened.

"What am I to you? Am I just the girl you come to when you're in the mood" I continued

"You're not."

"Then what am I!"

"I don't know." he mumbled out

I don't even know why I try with him. This was a pattern that I was starting to see. He kisses me, makes me feel like I'm on top of the world then he leaves and I'm left alone.

"Forget it. Just forget everything. I'm going home." I went over over to the sink to drop my plate in and picked up my bag.

"Don't leave" he whispered

"What" I said back. I wasn't sure if he actually said something or or if I was hearing things.

He hesitated before he said, "I don't want you to leave. Stay with me"

"I can't...we can't" I trailed of

He got up and walked towards me. He took my bag out of my hand and placed it on the floor, "We can"

"Just don't think. For today just forget all our problems and stay here. With me" his brown eyes were soft and pleading.

For once I felt myself letting go. I made all our problems melt away as I gave into his wishes.

He led me towards the couch and he turned on the tv. He put his arms around me and pushed me closer to him. I didn't know what this meant for our relationship but I just knew that lying in his arms is somewhere that I would never want to get away from.

"You're hair is different." he stated as he ran his hands through the curled strands.

I raised my eyebrow at him since I wasn't sure whether he was insulting me.

"No it's a good different. I liked your curly hair better but this is good. You look like a completely different person and the difference...." I stared him down as he talked and it was very funny how easily uncomfortable he got.

He noticed the smile on my face and said, "Stop teasing me. You're making me uncomfortable"

"Good. Doesn't feel nice now does it?"

"No it doesn't" he mumbled into my hair.

I didn't know when but we ended up drifting off to sleep. His cologne was all over his shirt and it comforted me to sleep.

My phone ringing shook me awake. I got up of the couch to my ringing phone. I didn't bother checking who it was since I was too busy looking at Ian.

"Hello"

"Hey Lilah I tried texting you but I got no response"

"Umm this is not a good time" I whispered onto the phone. My mind completely forgot about Finn since I was wrapped up in Ian, literally.

"What's wrong are you okay. Say banana if your life's in danger"

"I'm fine. I just can't talk right now" by now I had surely got Ian's attention as he stood up from the couch gazing at me.

A/N
Shout out to @nadds4ya. Your support that you show Mr. CEO is unbelievable. I appreciate you and your comments are hilarious. Thank you and have a great day love : )