Chapter Ninety-Three

Start from the beginning

It took me a while to get my normal vision back. After the suffering from the brightness of the lights diminished, my eyesight was still hindered by tear-induced blurriness. 

"You alright?" A feminine, silky voice called through the sadness. 

I forced myself to stop crying when I heard the voice and realized that I wasn't alone. I wiped the tears from my eyes with the backs of my hands and looked around the room. 

I assessed my situation. I was in a medical room with white walls and grey counters with black cabinets. I was lying on a comfortable bed with small, grey, metal bars that kept me from falling off of the sides of the mattress. There was one other chair in the room, and it was occupied by none other than Kespia. 

I was quite taken aback by the fact that Kespia was the one waiting for me to wake up. I ignored her question and instead asked, "Where's Kylo Ren?"

She rolled her brown eyes and I held myself back from rolling mine. 

As I rose further from my sleepy, thoughtless stupor, I began to grow more and more confused about the situation I was in. 

What happened? How did I get away from The Execution? Am I even away from The Execution? How did I get taken away from that planet? Where am I now, and why is Kespia here?

"Where are we?" I asked a separate question since Kespia ignored my first one and I didn't have time to be ignored. I needed answers. 

"We're on The First Order's base." 

"How?" I asked incredulously. 

"The Execution considered your power box negligible and completely disregarded it. They faced the consequences. Those idiots didn't take care of the incredibly powerful thing they stole, so it blew up on them. Lucky for us, they kept it so deep in the base that we were able to survive the explosion since we were at ground level when it did blow up." Kespia paused for a moment before continuing her explanation. 

"The First Order sent ships to come collect us. They did, and they got Senator Shihan, too. The bastard was trying to escape on his own, but we got him. The remaining warriors that survived the explosion from The Execution fled and are nowhere to be found. Everyone thinks that the entire group disbanded out of fear because they lost their leader and their base. It's -- "

Kespia was interrupted by the door to my left opening abruptly. Kubos dashed in, slammed the door, and jumped over to my bedside. "Are you alright? Are you hurt? How are your burns?"

He continued shooting questions at me without pause, but his third question ignited interest in me. I slowly looked down at my chest. 

I was healing. The charred marks were gone. What remained of my horrid burns were areas of gleaming, red hot, pus-filled scabs; although that doesn't sound too delightful, it was significantly better than the original injury. 

I then tuned my attention back to Kubos. He was saying, "The doctor said there would be permanent scars for sure, but you'll end up being okay." 

"But is Kylo Ren okay?" I pestered, glancing from Kubos to Kespia. 

Kubos laughed out loud. I turned and glared at him dangerously, which caused him to stop laughing immediately. "Kylo Ren's safety is not a laughing matter." I warned.

Kubos then hurriedly explained his reasoning for cackling with a terrified countenance. "Nira, do you think Kylo Ren would let an explosion get to him? No! He's alright, he's just pissed that the power box was demolished and now we have no force field at all."

A huge wave of relief washed over me. "So he's okay?" I asked one final time, and Kubos confirmed with a drawn out, "Yes, Nira. I promise. He was a little banged up at first since he was still in the ladder chute when your power box did explode, but he's absolutely fine now. Even if he was hurt, you do know that The First Order has the most technologically advanced medical tools ever?"