Stella laughed quietly. Though, she made sure to keep her voice down. While the jet's engines were loud, if they weren't careful, there was a chance they'd alert the nearby Atlas agents. And Chase was sure no one wanted that. If they got caught now before they could even help, it'd be a disaster—and a waste of time.

''So,'' she said, her tone slow and considerate, ''let me get straight. You all snuck onto a military jet to fight a group of trained mercenaries without having a concrete game plan? Are you all insane.''

''Probably,'' Theo joked with a toothy grin.

His playful comment solicited a chuckle from Andre.

''You know there's a high chance you'll all get killed right?'' After no one acknowledged her question, she blew air out her nose and shook her head again.

''We're willing to take that risk,'' Chase said after a while.

Stella looked around at everyone before exhaling. ''You're all sure about this?''

The others nodded.

''Fine,'' she said. She stuck a finger in Chase's face. Surprised, he stiffened up and crossed his eyes to look at it. ''But if things go sideways, it's on you. Okay?''

''Okay.''

Huffing, she crossed her arms. ''Alright. Now, everyone be quiet before they hear us.''

They all did as they were told and continued to sit in silence for the duration of the ride.

#

Chase fell asleep again.

This time, he was awoken to sharp jolt of the jet's wheels touching down onto the ground. Apparently, he'd slept through their descent. Either the jet's pilots were incredibly gifted, or he was just incredibly tired.

He was wide awake now. An injection of adrenaline pumped through his veins. It was almost time for them to confront Kismet.

The others were still maintaining their hiding spot. Thankfully, they still hadn't been discovered. As he opened his mouth to say something, Stella shot him a pointed look and pressed her index finger to her lips. The words died in his throat.

Footsteps stomping across the metal floor passed by the six teenagers. Everyone seemed to be holding their breath as they waited for all the agents to finish exiting the aircraft. Chase peaked through the tiny opening in the tarp covering them to check if the coast was clear. Gulping, he retracted his head. One last soldier stood near the crates around them.

He wasn't sure if they saw him, but he wasn't going to check again.

His heart jumped in his chest when he heard them approaching. Pressing his back against the metal box behind him, he tried his best to look as invisible as possible. The others did the same. It would prove to be useless, though, if the Atlas agent pulled the tarp away; it was the only thing keeping them out of sight.

''I must be losing it,'' the agent grumbled to themselves. Chase exhaled silently and wiped the sweat from his brow.

Just when it seemed like they were in the clear, Theo's eyes widened. With his button-like nose twitching, it was clear what was about to happen.

Andre caught on and wrapped a large hand around the boy's mouth and nose.

Then Theo sneezed. While the sound had been muted, it could still be heard.

Chase cringed while everyone else went still like marble statues.

''What the— ''

Chase could hear the agent inching towards them. From the shadow on the ground a few feet away from him, he could see the man reaching for the gun at his waist.