E.N.D

"Natsu! Please! I know you're still in there!"

I am Lucy! I'm here!

"Why are you asking for him? The Natsu Dragneel you know no longer exists. I am Natsu now."

No! No you're not.

I was trapped. Trapped in my own body, the demon possessing me was keeping me away, pushed back into the deepest region of my mind, far from Lucy. I had no control, not over what I did, not over what I said. The land around me was scorched, no sign of life, not even from my fallen comrades, who lay motionless on the ground.

All except Lucy.

 She had tears in her eyes now, but her voice was still as strong and unwavering as ever, a wall I could clutch on to and keep myself up. "No. You're wrong, he's not gone. I know he isn't, he would never fall to the likes of you." She was staring into the demons eyes fiercely, which led directly into mine.

"Luce," E.N.D drawled. I saw her cringe as this monster used my nickname for her. "You need to stop resisting." His hand, my hand shot out and grabbed her wrist, pulling her close.

Stop!

I felt the demon smirk. "This man has quite strong feelings for you." He teased, leaning closer to her. She turned her head away and tried to step back, but E.N.D wrapped his arm firmly around her waist, keeping her securely in place.

"Get the hell away from me." Lucy growled through clenched teeth.

"Now my dear, is that anyway to speak to your beloved friend?" The demon chuckled, a sadistic smile playing on his lips.

"You're not him. You're not Natsu. Natsu would never do what you have." I saw the tears begin to make their way down her battle worn cheeks. "Natsu would never hurt his friends, he would never do what you've done!"

"Don't be so sure, pet. He can see everything," E.N.D leaned even closer, meer inches from Lucy's face. "and he hasn't done a thing to stop it."

That's not true, I've tried, you're lying! I tried to scream but I couldn't, all I could do was watch on. From how close we were I could see the well concealed terror in her eyes, and I'm sure E.N.D could too, as he never broke eye contact.

"You love him don't you." I could see surprise wash over Lucy's face at the demon's words. "Do you feel love when you look at me?"

What the hell are you attempting you bastard...

Lucy's gaze hardened as she stared at the earth beneath her feet. "I love him, you're right about that." She snapped her head up, seeming to try and burn a hole through the demon with just her glare. "But you're not Natsu. I know you're not, that's why, when I see you I only feel hate." She was breathing heavy, her eyebrows furrowing as she raised her voice. "But I know you're in there somewhere Natsu, I know you can hear me!"

I can Lucy, I can hear you.

"So please, please keep fighting!" She was shouting now. "Don't you dare give up! Because-because the Natsu I fell in love with would never give up! I believe in you!" Her eyes were squeezed shut, fresh tears streaming from under her closed lids.

I felt a tear drip from the demons eye. I was breaking free, and suddenly Lucy was in my arms. My own arms. I felt no pull of E.N.D, it was only us.

"Lucy." I mumbled. She froze in my arms, and looked up.

"N-Natsu?"