Fairy Tales II

I peeled open my eyes and looked around. Where did Lucy go? I brought my hand up to my head. I didn't feel any ears this time around, so at least there was that.

"Cinderella!" I heard a shrill voice shout. So at least I knew what story I was in. Now I just had to figure out who I was. "Cinderellaaaaaa!" The voice called again. I cringed. I felt bad for whoever had to listen to that on a regular basis.

I swing my legs over the side of the bed.

...

Something doesn't feel right.

I look down to see a dress and apron covering my legs. "What the hell..." As I'm trying to process what's happening through the grogginess of sleep and general confusion I vaguely hear footsteps stomping towards me.

"Cinderella!" A hand grabs my arm. "I can't believe I had to come all the way down here to-"

"EH?!" I screech, stumbling away and turning to see the face of a woman. "I'm Cinderella?!" She scoffed and turned up her nose even more.

"Ugh, what's wrong with you? Stop asking stupid questions and get to doing me and Drizella's laundry!" She snaps, then turns on her heel and proceeds up the stairs.

"Oi! Just who do you think-" I clamp my mouth shut before I can say another word.

"And Mother wants you to scrub the floors after you do that."

I ground my teeth and resist the urge to run up and punch her. I settle for sticking my tongue out in her direction.

It took a solid ten minutes for me to begin heading upstairs, which consisted of staring in a mirror and concluding I didn't really look that different, I was just in a dress....which kind of made things even weirder.

"Cinderella." A different voice, calmer, but much more terrifying called my name. I turned around to see a woman on the stairs. Her graying hair tied up in a fancy seeming up-do. "Cinderella I believe you were asked to do chores. Why are you still down here hm?" A shiver is sent down my spine.

"...ah....um...sorry." I say, bending down and picking up a metal bucket. "I'll get to cleaning the floors right away." I try my best to play obedient but I can just feel my fire ready to burst.

We keep eye contact as she wrinkles her nose in disgust. "You were told to do the laundry first, are you really that daft?"

I clench my fists and force a smile. "Haha, sorry."

"Get to it." She orders and motions for me to follow her.

"Asshole." I mumble, hiking up my dress and walking up the stairs.

"Finally." Spits one of the girls. Both of the sisters are standing at the top of the stairs. "I knew mother would be able to get you up here." They turn up their noses and spin around. "Now hurry up, we've been waiting long enough." With a final huff, they stomp away.

Is this what it's like to have sisters?

"And get that scowl off your face. If you're going to act like that I'll send you to live out with the pigs." The woman, 'Mother' snaps. "Remember to feed them after you finish your other chores." She too turns and heads up the grand staircase.

After she's gone I huff and spend approximately 20 minutes trying to find out where in the hell the bedrooms are. Eventually, I open one of the doors and find a lavish bed in the center. I myself don't really have a designated place for laundry, I normally just through it all in a corner.

They didn't have a basket, corner, or even a chair. All the clothes were everywhere. They were on the floor, draped over furniture, in messy piles in the middle of the room.