The Lake

Again, art is by DragonWriter664 . Because it's so fab.

Nira waved goodbye to Skandar.

"I'll see you later. Want to meet at the lake in a bit?" She asked.

"Sure." He said with a nod, before taking off.

Triton's blue wings filled the sky, a slight buzzing of electricity making Nira's long, blonde hair stick up.
Eclipse pushed the door open, carrying Nira and Wisp inside. The silver dragon was dragging the Dartfang behind her, its bright green form limp on the floor.

"I got the Dartfang. I got bitten, though."

"Good work. I apologize for the injury." The man said, tossing a syringe with the antidote to Nira.

       She stabbed the needle into her arm as fast as she could, trying not to think about it. Although she acted like a fearless girl, she really didn't like the prospect of pain.

"So, why did you need a Dartfang? He's pretty vicious." She asked, touching one of the dragon's outstretched wing.

"Oh, this dragon is a female. I found her as a hatchling. I'm documenting her migration pattern, and wanted to see what she looks like. She's almost reached maturity!" He exclaimed.

         Nira was about to respond, but she was distracted. The Dartfang's frill was extending, its eyelids twitching.

"She's waking up!"

        The old man was silent, as the dragon began to awaken. Eclipse was letting out a hiss, smoke pouring out of her nostrils. Her silver wings were quivering, as they did when she was unsettled. Her long tail was twitching. A quiet shriek escaped her jaws when the Dartfang leapt upwards.
         She growled, turning towards Eclipse with death in her eyes.

"Jade, no." The old man instructed the Dartfang calmly.

Surprisingly, the Dartfang obeyed. A snort escaped her nostrils before she turned around. She sunk down, walking on its legs and wings. Her yellow eyes glittered as she nuzzled him.
      Nira was taken aback. He was friends with that dragon, and still sent her to get it.

"Why did you send me to get her, if you're friends with her?" She asked cautiously.

"I needed to know your strengths. And by the looks of it, you're very gifted with dragons."

"Er, thanks?"

       The man laughed slightly.

"I suppose that you can go home now. Come at the same time, tomorrow morning." He instructed, scratching Jade behind her frill.

       Nira nodded, striding out of the shop with Eclipse and Wisp following her. She climbed onto the silver dragon's back, taking off with a few strong wing beats. They smoothed out quickly, and soon they were soaring across the landscape.

"Let's head to the lake now. We can get there early, and you guys can catch some fish." Nira said, patting Eclipse between the horns.

Eclipse let out a shriek of agreement. Nira pulled slightly on the reins, leading the dragon to the lake.
They landed beside the body of water, Eclipse's wings folding as she allowed Nira to slide off of her back. The lake was crystal clear, reflecting the blue skies and wispy clouds. It was bordered by a few thin pines, tapering off into the plains. A cool wind blew over the smooth hills, lowering the temperature to a perfect level.
Nira took Eclipse's saddle off, slinging it over a random rock. She sat down next to it.
Eclipse let out a shriek of joy, wading into the cool waters. Her silver scales glittered with moisture, and she leaned her head down to drink.
Wisp curled up on Nira's lap, allowing her to stroke the soft fur on his head. His long tail twitched as he settled down into a light sleep. He was similar to a cat, but he was a loyal friend. And he wasn't a jerk. And he didn't push cups off of tables, most of the time.
Eclipse was soaring over the surface of the lake, azure eyes searching for the glint of a fish's scales. Nira looked away for a moment, and when she looked back, Eclipse was hauling as many fish as she could carry to the shore. The scent reached Wisp's nostrils, making his ears perk up before the rest of his body even moved.
       He crawled off of Nira, slinking along the ground on his hind legs and wings. He attempted to steal a fish from the pile, but was met with Eclipse's glittering fangs and a snarl. He backed away sheepishly, bending down in submission.
         A quick smirk crossed his face before he leapt forward, receiving a small fish in his delicate jaws. He tore away quickly, Eclipse's roars shaking the ground. He quickly swallowed the fish before scampering behind Nira.
        Eclipse snarled, forked tongue flicking over her teeth.

"Sorry, Eclipse." Nira laughed with a shrug.

       Eclipse turned around to finish the remaining fish, but was met with a scene that didn't make her happy. Triton and Skandar had landed, and the blue dragon was eating as many fish as he could. She growled before finishing all of them in a massive bite.

      Alright, here's a longer part. Sorry about last time.