Chapter Ninety-Two

Începe de la început

I took note of his uniform while his poor, frail, dead body absorbed our powers and raised off of the ground just from the sheer power of all of it (the uniform was metal, orange, and had intricate black stripes). The body remained in the air for several seconds, surging with power, before the warrior disintegrated right in front of us. 

Kylo Ren then wordlessly proceeded through the door on the other side of the room and we resumed the vigorous pace down yet another hallway. 

Kylo Ren spoke to me while we dashed. "Our top priority right now is escape. The Execution simply can not have two high-ranked representatives of The First Order in their possession, let alone Kubos or Kespia. I know they still have the power box, but we simply can't risk it. We need to leave and evacuate this base as quickly as possible."

"What if we escape and don't return to our base with the power box?" I forced through labored breaths while running. 

"Our base, resources, and weapons are strong enough to hold off attacks for the time remaining, but I will be sure to send more force to this planet immediately upon our return in order to recover the force field. We will just be excluded from that trip and I will have other less significant employees get the job done." Kylo Ren explained. 

"Did anyone catch the uniform of the last enemy warrior?" Kubos asked from the back of the pack. I turned back and whispered, "Orange, metal, and black stripes." 

"That's good. Now we know what to look for when trying to identify the significance of any being in this place." He responded. 

The dash for escape seemed endless. I was completely out of breath, worn out, and my extreme burns ached for medical attention. I felt minimal relief from the cool air as I ran, but I simply couldn't ignore the internal damage. I was burned, and I burned. I still felt the essence of Shihan's scorching torture on my skin.

I hated him. I wanted him to feel the same amount of pain he had dealt to me. I wanted to give him that amount of pain. 

I wanted him to suffer.

However, I hadn't a clue where Shihan was and I hadn't a way to capture him and put him in that position, so I persevered through the base with Kylo Ren, Kubos, and Kespia. 

On our trip through the base, we encountered several more small groups of people that Kylo Ren easily defeated using The Force to either cast them into a wall, knock them out cold, or put them into a trance that was beneficial to us. 

"We should be getting close to the exit. We need to be wary of all enemies. I'm extremely worried that we haven't encountered more." Kylo Ren noted quietly. I sensed him getting out of breath now. 

Bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum-bum!

In rapid succession, the repeated sound of metal hitting metal grew nearer. The four of us turned towards the source of the noise, which was behind us. 

A group of twenty of The Execution's warriors were headed straight for us. The sound was their armored feet slamming against the floors of the hallway. 

"Prepare to fight." Kylo Ren spoke over the noise of their raucous footfalls. 

I thoughtlessly followed Kylo Ren's orders and poised myself in a position of attack. 

"Move!" The enemy warrior in the front screamed at us from thirty feet away. His plead took me aback and I raised an eyebrow, but I didn't let my defensive poise falter one bit. 

"Don't stand down." Kylo Ren ordered at a higher volume. The tension was nearly unbearable. My heart was thudding in my rib cage, my adrenaline was at the highest height possible, and I was ready to unleash my electricity.