The Truth

Joe's POV

I hurry and walk up the stairs not caring that i'm getting the floor wet, I hurry and walk to her room hoping that she can forgive me. I open the door and see her standing by the window looking out, I sigh hating that I have to do this. She turns around and looks at me, her eyes are red and tearful. I wonder why she's crying.

" What's wrong? " I ask feeling my heart beat fastly feeling nervous.

" She told me the real reason why she came here Joe. " Blanda says looking upset, she then continues with " She didn't mean to, but she told me that you guys...kissed. "

Her eyes release a few more tears making it hard to concentrate. I stay back knowing that trying to comfort her wouldn't be the brightest idea at the moment.

" I'm truly sorry Blanda...You deserve better. " I say feeling guilty inside, she just stares at me with tears rolling down her cheeks.

" I thought you loved me. " She says making everything even worse.

" I do Blanda...i'm just...having doubts. " I say knowing that I'm going to have to tell her the whole truth in a few moments.

" Because of her? " She asks me making me feel like i'm a really bad person.

" I can't help it Blanda...I never stopped loving her. " I say which makes Blanda look even more upset, she starts to cry even harder making me feel terrible. I take the steps in between us and try to comfort her but she pushes me away. She stands by the window with her back facing me crying for a few minutes, I stand still wishing this would have gone differently.

" Why are you still here? " She asks when she's calmed herself down, I watch as she turns around revealing red eyes and smeared makeup.

" What do you mean? " I ask wondering if I should've left a few moments ago while she was crying.

" You chose her didn't you? " She asks me making me not want to answer. I just nod playing the image that had come to mind when my mother had said to imagine my future family. Demi had been holding the same little girl that I had imagined before, she was smiling in all of her beauty. I knew then she was the one when that image popped in my mind.

" Then why are you not going after her? " she asks making me even more confused.

" Well, I was just going to go tell her after I explained everything to you. " I say looking down still feeling terrible for hurting Blanda, she deserves so much more.

" Well you better hurry. She called a taxi a half an hour ago and left. " She says surprising me, I feel a panicky feeling rise in me after hearing this.

" Where did she go? " I ask hoping she hasn't gotten too far.

" I don't know...she said she wanted to go home. " Blanda says sitting down on her bed not looking me in the eyes. I know I have to go after Demi, but I don't know if I should leave Blanda here or not.

" Will you ever forgive me? " I ask hoping she will, she looks up at me with sad eyes. She seems more calm then she was a few moments ago.

" I don't know Joe...but I understand. " She says surprising me, she sighs and wipes away another tear.

" You do? " I ask just wanting to make sure.

" Yes...I know that if I was in love with someone else, I wouldn't want to let you suffer by staying with me. You would have deserved someone who loved only you...and in this case, that's how it should be. I need someone who loves only me. " She says looking down at the floor.

" Thank you...for understanding. " I say feeling a little better about this situation. She nods her head and gets up from the bed, she comes and hugs me. I'm a little taken back, but I hug back knowing she will find someone. She's very easy to fall for.