Ambushed

Demi's POV

A few more days pass after the Megan incident, Selena has had to go to a few detentions after school which she isn't too happy about. One thing that Selena is happy about though is Megan's reaction to seeing the pictures of Joe and I that were taken of us leaving the zoo on Saturday. Megan has been so nice to us the last few days that it's super weird, I think Selena loves the feeling of turning Megan down though when Megan asks to hang out with us. 

Yesterday, Selena and I went on a double date with the boys which was one of the funnest nights of my life. We went to a go kart place and raced each other for a while, I felt like I really got to know Joe through it. I swear i've never been so happy, Selena and I are going to see the boys tonight as well since their free again. 

Selena and I are just at her house getting ready, we decided that we don't want my parents knowing that we've been with the boys so they don't remember what they said about meeting Joe first. I guess I just want Joe and I to get to know each other better until he meets my parents. 

" So Demi, have you been able to talk to Jonathan lately? " Selena asks me as she puts on her earrings. 

" No I haven't, what about him? " I ask wondering where this all came from. 

" Well, he talked to me at school today saying that he's been trying to talk to you. He also said you haven't answered any of his texts, he thinks you're mad at him. " Selena says surprising me, I didn't even really pay attention to my phone lately unless I got a message from Joe. 

" Really? I'm not mad at him. " I say feeling a little guilty, I guess that when Joe came into my life, I totally forgot about the crush I had on Jonathan. 

" Why haven't you answered his texts then? " Selena asks looking confused. 

" I guess i've been too distracted, I probably should talk to him tomorrow. " I say taking a mental note to not forget to do that. 

" That's a good idea...Look at the time, we should probably get going so we're not late. " Selena says looking at her clock by her bed. We both grab our purses, take another check of ourselves in the mirror and then walk outside. Since neither of us can drive yet, my sister said she could give us a ride without telling my mom and dad. She told me she understands about my thought of getting to know Joe first before he meets my parents. 

Dallas picks us up in her car and then drives us to the park where we'll meet the guys, they said that they have a surprise for us tonight as a date. Selena and I are anxious to see what they have in store for us, Dallas drops us off and we go to a bench to sit on to wait for the guys to show up.

" What do you think that they have planned? " Selena asks me with curious eyes. 

" I don't know, anything would be fun. " I say wishing he was here already, Selena smiles at me and we wait. A few minutes later, Selena and I get excited when we see Joe's car pull up. We walk over to the car and hop into the back of the car, the boys both look back at us with smiles. 

" How are you guys? " Joe asks us looking at me making me grin. 

" We're good, how about you? " I ask not letting my eyes leave his. 

" We're awesome, you guys ready? " Nick asks with a friendly smile, Selena and I both nod and Joe starts to drive again. 

" What are we ready for exactly? " Selena asks looking anxious, she's been wanting to know since the boys told us they had a surprise. 

" You'll see. " Nick says with a chuckle making Selena roll her eyes, we all then jam out to music in the car as we drive. The drive takes about twenty minutes until we reach a part of a mountain, the car starts to drive up some dirt road making Selena and I raise our eyebrows. When we reach the end of the road, we get out of the car with dropped jaws. The boys smile as they see our reaction to the view, we're standing on part of the mountain looking over the city with it's bright lights.