Coming Home

Joe's POV

A week later

Have you ever felt like a piece of your heart is no where to be seen? Like there's no reason for it to feel that way, but it does. 

Demi's POV

" Can you tell him i'm sorry. " I ask his mother feeling terrible inside, I hand her the note that had taken hours to write. It was just hard writing down the words that I know would give everything up. 

" Yes, Demi...are sure you don't want to talk to him about it? " She asks with pleading eyes, I feel a tear slip down my cheek making it harder to keep from grabbing the note back and ripping it up.

" I...I just can't do that, I wouldn't be able to stay away from him. " I say wishing I could just go now, I hate myself for this. 

" Okay then...we are all going to miss you. " She says giving me a hug making me feel even more upset, I hug back knowing that this isn't going to be easy.

" I'll miss you all too. " I say giving her a fake smile.

" Be safe. " She says handing me my plane ticket, I take it with shaking hands rethinking everything one last time. I then get my bag and board the plane, I feel my heart break knowing that there's no going back now. 

As I get on the plane, I find my seat and try to get comfortable. I look out the window wondering what he's doing at the moment, he had left L.A. yesterday just to go to New York for a day and is supposed to come back here in L.A. to hang a few days before he leaves again to continue the tour. I feel horrible knowing that he's going to come back finding me gone, I just hope he can forgive me. I have to do it though, it's whats best for me. 

The last time I talked to him was yesterday on the phone when he had arrived in New York, this morning he had texted me and I've ignored it. There is no more us, I just have to keep telling myself that. I can't let the memory of his beautiful brown eyes or his care-free laugh get to me, I have to let him go. 

*****

Joe's POV

One day Later

I grab my keys out of my pocket and try to open the door, it's hard though since it's dark and the porch light isn't on. Demi and my mother are probably asleep already, my brothers, my dad and I just got back from New York an hour ago. I tried to call Demi, but she didn't answer, I'm just guessing that she was already in bed. 

I get the door open and carry in my suitcase with my brothers behind me, I try to be quiet taking my suitcase up the stairs to my bedroom. I start to unpack not wanting to do it later, she's probably sleeping anyways. I shouldn't bother her.

I put away everything from inside my suitcase and then put the suitcase in my closet for the next time I need it. I sit on my bed and look at my picture of her in the frame on my desk, just looking at it makes me give in. I have to see her, even if she's asleep. I then leave my room and walk over to Demi's room and open the door. 

My first feeling of seeing no one there is confusion, I then feel a panick when I see that none of her stuff is there. I walk into the room turn then light on just to make sure, where is her stuff? I run to my parents room down the hall to find the light on, I walk in and find my mother laying in her bed reading a book.

" Hey sweetie, how was the flight? " She asks with sadness in her eyes looking like she's hiding something. She puts down her book and gives me her full attention.

" It was all good, where's Demi though? " I ask feeling impatient, my mother doesn't say anything making the possibilities even worse. My mother then gets up from her bed and goes to her dresser, she then pulls out an envelope and walks to me slowly. 

" Joe, i'm very sorry. " she says handing me the letter, I look at it seeing my name written on it. I rip it open slowly unsure of what i'll read, what I do read makes my heart slowly crush by every word. 

Joe, I don't know how to really say this. I really want you to know that I love you very much, but I can't do it anymore. I need to go home, I need to escape from this life. It's messing with my head and I really just need to forget it. I hate that I can't be strong enough for you, I hate myself knowing that i'm throwing away the greatest guy I have ever met. I just hope you find someway to forgive me, please don't think that I don't love you, cause I do. I just need to do what's best for myself, go ahead and hate me for being selfish. I deserve it.

I hope you fufill your dreams, stay the best you can be. 

I love you. 

Demi

When I'm done reading the letter, I look around and see that I've fallen to my knees. It has to be better to feel nothing than to feel this. This awful pain, deep inside my chest. No matter how much I try to tell myself that what i'm feeling is irrational, it's still here. It feels like my heart is being squeezed by a vice, like a weight rested on my chest, refusing to accept oxygen.

Nausea pains my stomach, my heart, and chest. Nothing can stop the internal and mental suffering. My legs feel weak. The smallest, but only thing I can do to release at least the slightest bit of agony is by crying.

Nick's POV

" Do we have time to go to the studio tomorrow? " I ask my father as I grab an apple from the fridge, it sure does feel nice to be home. 

" I think so, you guys need to get those songs done soon so we can start finalizing everything. I have to get the three of you together so I can tell you something, it's really big news involving this new album. " he says making me wonder, I then hear a single pounding noise from upstairs wondering what it was. 

" Did you hear that? " I ask my dad and Kevin, they both nod. We all go up the stairs seeing the door to my parent's room open, we walk in and see Joe on his knees with a piece of paper in his hands. My mother sits next to him with a tear sliding down her cheek.

" Everything okay? We heard a noise? " My dad asks my mother who just looks up at him with sadness. 

" Joe what's wrong? " Kevin asks looking at my brother, we give all of our attention to him waiting for his answer.

" ...Demi's gone." My mother says making me confused, why would she go? I look at Joe who is just staring at the paper without moving his eyes, there are many tears leaving his eyes. Everyone else just stares at him in shock.

" Joe, sweetie. " My mother says trying to get him to give a response, he just gets up and walks out of the room clenching the paper in his hands. We then hear a door slam very loudly, everyone looks around confused.

" She just left? " I ask wondering why, I thought she loved my brother.

" She said she couldn't handle this life or the pressure anymore. " My mother replies making me feel sympathy for Joe. He really loved her. 

_____________________

This chapter's song: Goodbye - Avril Lavigne<3

Sorry about this chapter, but it must go on this way to make the rest of the story, please comment and vote for the next chapter