Awkward Introductions

• Dedicated to My Amazing Readers

Demi's POV

August 2007

" I still don't understand what matrices are though. " I confess feeling stressed out about this up-coming math test we both have. Like who gives out such a huge test in the beginning of your sophomore year? I can't believe I already hate my math teacher.

" To tell you the truth, I don't either. " Selena says closing her math book and laying down on the grass, I do the same thinking it's a good time for a break as well. This park is always a good place to come when we have to study, it's peaceful and enjoyable. 

" Let's get our minds off math right now, and talk about something a little more interesting." Selena says looking over at me, both her hands are behind her head and she has a mischievous smile on her face. 

" Like what? " I chuckle knowing that with that expression on her face, that she already has something I probably won't like in mind. 

" Well...fine I'll come out and ask it because it's been driving me insane. " She says getting up on one elbow to get a better look at me. 

" What's driving you insane? " I ask with a smirk on my face, of course I already know what she's going to say. She's so predictable, well at least to me. See, we've been best friends since we were seven, so we know each other more than two regular friends would. Nothing could ever break us apart, trust me. 

" What's up with you and Jonathan? " She asks through her teeth pushing me, I just laugh at her silliness. This is why I love her, we always laugh and have the best time when we hang out. 

" There's not much to say about Jonathan and I. " I say teasing her a little more, she pushes me again making us both laugh really loudly. When we both settle down after laughing, her face becomes serious. 

" Seriously though, I saw you texting him all of last night when we were having our sleepover. What's up between the two of you, are you together or stuck at the friend zone? " She questions with a curious expression. 

" Well if you want the truth, I have no idea. Like I really like him and he said that to me as well, but nothing's happened yet. " I say playing back my fantasies that i've had in my mind about the two of us. 

" Well why don't you ask him out then? " She asks with a half smile, I just chuckle knowing there's no way that I'm asking Jonathan out.

" Selena, you know I can't do that. " I say truthfully, I'm not the kind of girl who has enough confidence to ask out my crush. I would just get too scared and freeze up. 

" You just need a little practice, here i'll show you. Get up. " She says standing up, I stand up too not knowing what's coming. 

" Okay, now pretend I'm Jonathan. " She says putting on a smolder face which makes me burst out laughing. 

" Come on, get serious here. " She says with a chuckle unable to resist from so, I roll my eyes and stand straight again and wait for instructions. 

" Okay, now show me how you would ask me AKA Jonathan out. " She orders with all seriousness in her eyes. 

" Um...Hey Jonathan. " I say unsure of what i'm supposed to say here.

" More confidence. " She says with a little sass which makes me smirk. 

" Hey handsome. " I say with a smolder expression and put my hand on her shoulder which makes her laugh. 

" Okay okay, not that much confidence. He'll only think you're crazy...maybe if we actually tried on an actual guy, you could get it. " She says making me worry, she starts to look around the park as if she's looking for someone.