Beautiful I

It has been two days i've stayed here by his side never stoping wishing that he would wake up any second.

Nothing changed actually. He didn't move an inch. Please say it was working.

At night, as I rested my head next to his bed while holding his hand getting ready to sleep. I ignored the aching feeling of my neck as I have slept like this since that day.

I stayed by his side as much as I could and only leaving him when I was really starving.

As I almost drifted to sleep, I felt a pressure pressing my hand. I quickly straightened my head and my eyes focus on him.

Did he just moved?

I pouted as I waited when there were no more movement signalling he was going to wake up.

I sighed and rested my head back.

Baekhyun, please wake up.

And again I felt a slight pressure pressing my hand. I looked up and moaned the aching feeling of my neck. I try to focus on him and widened my eyes seeing his furrowed eye brows.

His eyes twitched a little and I pressed his hand back saying that he is not alone.

"Baekhyun" I whispered and on cue he finally opened those eyes that I've missed.

I had a smile on my face as I stood up, switching on some light for the room. His eyes blinked a few times, registering the unfamiliar environment.

His eyes wandered around the room until he stopped at me. I could only give him a genuine smile. I could see he was struggling to say something but failed.

"Wait here, i'll called the doctor" and I went off searching anyone who is still available at the midnight.

...............................

"Can you tell me what is your name?" Doctor Kim Jongin who was in charged of him all these years asked him as he did a light check up on his patient.

"Byun.. Byun Baekhyun" it took a while for him to say his full name. He was definitely struggling.

"Good, do you want anything right now?" Jongin asked checking his temperature.

Baekhyun only shook his head once. "Well, if you're hungry just press this green button here" Jongin showed the button on Baekhyun's bed. "After you eat, we will give some painkillers for you"

Baekhyun didn't respond instead he was looking at me. Jongin cleared his throat " Well then, I will get going" and he left the room leaving both us alone in the room.

Now why am I feeling nervous.

"Hi" that was the only thing I could say to kill the silence between us.

"Who are you?" he was still struggling to say those three words.

I felt a pang in my chest as he asked that question and I thought I was ready to face what's coming.

I tried to smile and keep a poker face. "I'm Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon, you're friend and I have promised you before that I will take care of you."

He was silence for a while. His eyes never left mine. He was thinking and processing something in his mind.

"Sorry. I can't remember you" now that sounds smooth enough, I guess he has now in control of talking.

"It's okay, it will take a while" I really tried hard not to cry in front of him.

Please be strong Taeyeon. you already knew this was coming. I said to myself.

Two weeks before.