The School Called

I woke up to the sound of a phone ringing.

Sophie was no where to be been when I woke up.

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom when Sophie ran into me knocking me over.

Then I noticed something. She had a phone, it was the one that was ringing too.

She pulled me to my feet and we ran into the hallway.

I put my shoe in the doorway to stop the door from closing completely.

Sophie slid her finger across the screen to answer the call.

"Hello please press one for English." The voice was interrupted to Sophie pressing one.

"Thank you. This message is from Rocker Smith Community School. We are pleased to tell you, your childern have been accepted into our school." Sophie gasped but I covered her mouth quickly before she could make another sound.

"The first day of school will being tomorrow at 8:15." The voice said 'causing me to sigh.

 "If you need more information please visit www.rockersmithcs.com. Goodbye." The voice said then the call ended.

"I can't go back." Sophie said burying her face in her hands.

"I'll protect you!" I said looking her in the eyes.

But then I noticed her eyes began to water as she looked away from me.

I crawled infront of her and held her hands.

"I know, I broke my promise so many times before but I'm here now and I'll protect you the best I can." I said.

Instead of speaking Sophie fell into my arms and hugged me.

Just then I heard a door squeak open next thing I knew me and Sophie were whipped against the couch.

My dad stood in front of us with his arms crossed. Then Sophie's dad came out and hugged my dad from behind. He kissed my dad on the cheek and then my dad made his over towards me. I crawled into a ball and held the phone in front of me as protection.

He grabbed me by the hand that had the phone and he held me in the air. He ripped the phone from my grip and held me in the air as he shouted at me.

"Where did you get this? Huh? Huh?" He shouted pushing the phone in my face and with every huh he got louder and angrier.

I felt my arm getting stretched out of it's socket.

Then randomly he made eye contact with Sophie, who was hugging her knees thightly in fear.

Then he dropped me an made his way over to Sophie. My dad pushed the phone in her face.

"Who called?" He asked.

"Th-the school." She stuttered out.

"Oh, the reform school?" My dad said.