The Texts

We both walked out of the room and looked over the stairs.

Then Marcus came up stairs and saw us looking down.

“Hey guys! What's up?” Marcus said walking up to him.

Sophie didn't see him coming so she jumped and hid be hide me.

“N-nothing.” I stuttered out and stepped back.

“Alright, if you need anything me and Joe are here!” He said going back downstairs then Joe came up stairs.

“Hey guys. We should get to know each other better. Let's go sit on the bed in your room.” He said and walked into my room.

Sophie walked be hide me into the room.

Sophie sat beside me and stared at the ground and so did I.

“Do you guys know each other? You seem close to each other for totally strangers.” He said raising his brow at us causing Sophie to move further from me.

Joe was texting someone. He was a quite replier and apparently the person he was talking to was too.

Then after a good long five minutes of silence besides the sound of Joe texting.

I smelt something. I smells like somethings burning. I wonder if anyone else smells it. Then Joe paused from texting and sniffed the air. Then he finished his text message and we held Marcus yelling.

“JOE! JOE! THE FOOD! IT'S BURNING!” Marcus yelled upstairs.

“Shit!” Joe murmured to his self and dropped his phone and ran downstairs.

Sophie moved over closer to me and I picked up Joe's phone.

I picked it up and began reading it out loud.

“Hey Joe! I'm in the city!”

“Really?! What brings you here?”

“Me and my husband are renting an apartment out here.”

“That's awesome and if you get a real house maybe I could pass on the business to you!”

“I'd love that but first we have to get settled.”

“Of course, of course.”

“Wait, I'm going to pass your house in a matter of minutes. Have any two that are ready to go?”

“Yes, actually come over I'll bring them!”

“Okay see you in a bit!”

Just then I heard the door bell. My heart just dropped to the bottom of my chest.

“Do you that's?” Sophie paused.

“I don't know.” I said.

I dropped the phone on the bed and we walked over to the staircase and looked down.

I couldn't pick out who it was at the door but all I know was Marcus answered it.

Then Marcus left them standing at the front door and walked back into the kitchen.

Then Joe walked out and gave them a huge hug then he pointed up to where we were. We just dropping trying to be unseen but Joe came up stairs towards us.

“Hey guys, I'm going to find you two a better home.” He said leaning us downstairs.

Sophie was whimpering and trying her best to hold back her tears.

When we got close to the man at the door me and Sophie's mouths just dropped open and so did his.

We just stood there staring at him and him staring at us.

“Everything okay?” Joe asked clueless.

The man at the door quickly closed his mouth and responded.

“Yeah, everything's fine.” He said.

He quickly hugged Joe and took us out to the car.

All of a sudden me and Sophie wanted to go back to Joe.

We walked up to the car and got in the back seats.

The driver looked in the mirror then quickly turned and stared at us to see if he was just seeing things.

We were are in pure shock. But the driver started up the car and waved as we left.

I couldn't stay silent any longer.

“DAD?!” I blurt out.

“Josh, Sophie?! What the fuck were you two doing at Joe's house?” He said so confused.

“Well, when your dickhead of a husband raped Sophie and we ran away. Some creep picked us up off the freeway and I hurt my foot. So as I was in the hospital they sold Sophie as a fucking sex slave. And I ran away looking for her and I ran into Joe and he kept me.” I said so pissed.

“HEY! WATCH YOUR FUCKING MOUTH! We're are both your fathers now and just wait until you get to the apartment Josh!” He yelled at me.

Sophie was just crying her eyes out because she knew we were going to get hit again.

I held her in my arms but it didn't change anything. Me and her both knew we were going to be hit and we might not wake up tomorrow.

We just sat in silence and every single red light we got stopped but they made out. It was sickening so I just stared at the ground but you could still hear it.

After a long car ride with your dad and crushes dad making out and your crush crying and trembling we finally got home.

We walked out of the car into the elevator with some other people in the apartment.

My father had to fake a smile and act like he wasn't about to smash my head into a wall when we got inside our apartment.

It was a small single bedroom apartment and we're forced to share the small coach or the floor.

But as soon as we stepped inside my dad locked the door.

Sophie's dad just walked by her pushing her on the floor and went to his room.

My dad just grabbed me by the neck tightly and banged my head against the door.

“You fucking idoit! How dare you call my husband a dickhead?!” He yelled.

“You probably still haven't fucked a girl! I hope this just means you fucking gay!” He yelled.

“You mother fucking ugly disgrace! Why the fuck did I ever take you back into my house?! It was so perfect without you! Me and my husband fucking everyday! It's just a stress reliever!” He yelled.

With every insult he banged my head into the door and tightened his grip around my neck.

“Actually, I'm going to have sex with him right now! Son of a bitch you are, raising my fucking stress levels!” He yelled and dropped me on the ground and walked into his room with Sophie's dad.

I couldn't see anything. My vision was almost completely blurred out. And my head killed and I was super light headed. I kept on nodding in and out of consciousness. I saw something run over to me but as soon as it got close I completely blacked out.