Her

"Her!" He said pointing.

"W-w-what? Why not someone I don't know?" I stuttered.

"No, I said her and today. No excuses!" He said then drove off.

Why does my dad always force me into this stuff? I'm not like him.

I don't want to hurt her anymore. I'm like her only friend. And her dad he's done more then enough to her.

Whatever, I'll try to forget about it. He'll probably forget by tomorrow.

"Josh..." I heard her voice crack.

"Oh hi Sophie! How are you?" I said trying to act neutral.

"W-w-why does you dad always stare at me? And today he pointed at me and told you something. He's not trying to make you-" She said tearing up.

"NO! No. Sophie, I'll never!" I said trying to sound convincing and comforting.

"Please, Josh I can't go though that again. It tears me apart." She said starting to cry.

"I know, I know. Don't cry." I said holding her as she cried in my shirt.

She cried in my shirt until the first bell rang.

"Sophie, we got to go to first period before we're late." I said wiping her tears and giving her a tissue that was in my bag.

"Thank you Josh. You're my only true friend. You know that?" She said then blew her nose.

"You're welcome." I said putting my hands in my pocket resisting the urge to kiss her.

As we walked to her locker we ended up arm in arm.

"So, what class do you have right now?" I said just as she closed her locker and the 5 minutes bell went off.

"Silly, we're in the same classes. We have drama." She said smiling.

Drama is both of our favourite subject. And our teacher always pairs us up so she actually in comfortable. But sometimes she still gets a bit self conscious which I totally understand and am totally okay with. Since we're in grade 12, there's lots of kissing scenes. So of course you'd be a little self conscious.

Just then the third and final bell went off.

"Oh crap, we're late again." She said getting all nervous.

"Don't worry about it. She doesn't care one way or another." I said as our arm in arm position turned into holding hands.

We walked into our classroom and everyone stared at us whispering among themselves.

"Awkward much?" I said trying to make everyone laugh but no one did there was a strong tension in the air.

When I took my seat beside Sophie it was dead silent. Sophie hated the silence for personal reasons so she looked down and played with her thumbs nervously.

Then the teacher spoke breaking the silence. He stood up and looked me start in the eye. "Name?" He said with a thick manly voice.

For some reason my voice trembled. I was barley able to speak. It was almost like the day made dad taught me what he wanted me to become. I was confused, where is our real teacher?

"Do you know how to speak? I'll ask you one more time. What is your name?" He said right in my face.

Everyone was silent. No one breathed.

"J-J-Josh R-Ramsay." I stuttered out.

He gave me and dirty look then went looked over at Sophie.