Twenty Eight: Faith

Kayla

I now have Reece and Evelyn in a separate room both tied to chairs facing me. With Tyler, Axel, Luke, and Max in the room next door, I am hoping it will convince these two to talk. 

"Why are we even here Kayla?" Reece asks.

"I just want to know what would happen if you, Luke, Max, and Evelyn died." I responded with a fake smile.

"You'd be dead in the next 24 hours." Evelyn snarls.

I look directly at her, "I really do not like you. You irritate me, beyond belief, and i'm the one with the gun so unless you shut the fuck up, I will send a bullet through your skull."

She gives me a dirty look. "Fuck you." 

I shake my head and take my knife out of my boot and flick it open as I walk towards her. "I told you to stay quiet." 

She screams as I leave a shallow cut in her right arm. 

"Are you going to tell me what I want to know or not?" I demand.

"We can't tell you Kayla." Reece says.

"I will kill her." I respond.

"Do what you have to." He tests me.

I roll my eyes as I cover both of their mouths with duck tape, "Stay quiet until I get back."

I leave the room making sure to lock the door behind me. I then head into the room Tylers in.

"Hey Tyler. Have they spoken?" I say pushing open the door.

"Axel has. That's why he's eating that burrito. But the other two won't." Tyler says.

"What has Axel told you?" 

"Where they are based, where they get their supplies. You know, the usual." He says shrugging.

I nod. I think that's all we need for today.

I head back into the room that is holding Reece and Evelyn. I pull out my gun and click off the safety. I place it against Reeces head and untie him. I push him forward and take the duck tape off his mouth. As I finish untying his arms, he quickly grabs my wrist and places the gun against my head. I wasn't expecting him to do that. 

"Move out of the room Kayla." He whispers in my ear. I put my hands up and follow his instructions.

"What the hell Reece." I hiss.

"Where is there an empty room?" He orders.

"Down the hall to the right." I mumble.

He pushes me down the hall and into the empty room. He shoves me in and my back slams into a wall. He keeps the gun on me and shuts the door.

"This isn't you Kayla. Why are you being like this?" He asks.

"This is me."

"Are you trying to convince me or yourself?" He questions.

"This is who I am. I am Kayla who was abused by my uncle. I am Kai the undefeated streetfighter. I was Kayla Pitt the girl you want me to be. But that's not who I am anymore. I was her for a mission. Now I am and have always been Kayla Martin the daughter of the most feared gang leader in New York. I am Kayla."

"And I am Reece Walsh the guy who believes that the Kayla I knew is still in there. I'm not going to kill you. I can't hurt you Kayla. I'm going to hand you back your gun and your going to make the choice you think is right. You can choose to let me, Luke, Max, and Evelyn go and we can try to build a bond between our fathers gangs or you can keep us here and let the streak of hurt continue."

He hands me back my gun and puts his hands up in surrender waiting for me to make my choice.

---

Edited December 31, 2022

Xoxo Maryann