Eighteen: Tyler

Kayla

"What do we want to ride first?" Reece says as he hands us our wristbands.

"Let's start with the Sorin Eagle! It's an easy ride!" I exclaim.

The boys look at each other and nod. We head over to the ride and get in the fast pass line.

When we get on I feel a surge of adrenaline. I love rides!

"That was so fun!" I exclaim as I hop off the rides.

"That was sick." Max yells.

We head down the ramp that leads away from the ride and head over to Valerie and Amber.

"Hey guys, we're kinda hungry. Could we get something to eat?" Amber asks.

"Sure babe." Max says as he slings his arm over Valerie's shoulder.

We all head in the direction of the Emerald Cafe. When we get inside we head and we are seated at a table for six. 

"Hey guys, welcome to the Emerald. My name is Tyler and I will be helping you out today. What can I start you guys off with?" The waiter says as he gives me an odd look. 

"Waters all around to start would be great." I order for everyone.

"For sure Kayla." The waiter says winking at me.

He walks away before I can respond. I sit there puzzled for a moment.

"Who is that?" Reece asks.

"I have no idea." I respond truthfully.

"Kayla, he was totally checking you out! Go find out who he is!" Amber squeals at me.

I glanced at Reeces face and saw something flash in his eyes. I didn't know what it was though. It disappeared too fast.

"Ok." I say pushing my chair back.

I head over in the direction of the waiter. He's standing by an empty table cleaning it.

"Hey." I say to him with a smile.

"Hey Kayla." The boy says.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude, but do I know you from somewhere?" I ask him.

"It's honestly a little hurtful that you don't remember. Ty and Kai, Kai and Ty?" He asks.

"Oh my gosh. Tyler!" I exclaim.

"In the flesh." He says with a chuckle.

I pull him into a tight hug. "How did you recognize me?" I ask him.

"The scar on your left eyebrow from when your uncle kinda, well you know. Plus you haven't really changed that much nerd." Tyler says.

"You certainly have." I respond.

"Well we were just kids." He chuckles.

I stare at Tyler for a second. I can't believe he's here. Of all places. His short clean cut blonde hair has been replaced by a longer hairstyle almost covering his eyes. 

"Can I ask why that guy is giving me the death eyes?" Tyler asks.

"Oh that's Reece. He's my- he's my friend." I respond.

"Well, he doesn't look at you like he's just your friend. I'll let you get back to him though."

"We need to catch up soon Ty." I exclaim.

"We do Kai."

I smile and head back to the table after giving Ty my phone number. I can't wait to catch up with him soon.

"So who was he?" Amber asks.

"A childhood friend. His name is Tyler. I met him in kindergarten and lost touch after sixth grade when I moved." I respond.

---

Edited February 15, 2022

Xoxo Maryann