Twenty Seven: Axel

Kayla

When we arrive at the gang house, Tyler drags Axel out of the car. We pull him inside and sit him in a metal chair in the room where we are keeping Reece, Luke, Max, and Evelyn. At the moment, there is thick white sheet separating the room in half. I handcuff Axel to the chair, making sure that he is secure. As I'm doing this, Tyler starts taking down the sheet to reveal Axel's unconscious body to the the rest of them.

"Kayla. Why the fuck do you have Axel?" Luke demands. 

"To show you how fucking serious I am." I snarl.

"Why are you listening to your dad? We're your friends. Please. Give us a chance." Max pleads.

"He's my dad. I can't betray him. I don't have a choice." I say. My eyes pleading for forgiveness. 

I look at Reece but he just gives me a disappointed frown before looking away. It's killing me hurting him like this.

I look at Axel as he starts to gain consciousness. His eyes open slowly as he winces in pain, surely from the gun that we hit into his forehead. 

"Whheeereee amm iii???" Axel shudders.

"Shut up." Tyler responds.

"This is a joke right?" Axel scoffs.

"Exuse me?" I respond.

"I can beat you in five seconds. This isn't a fair fight for you. Kid." He snarls. 

I scowl and throw a punch at his gut but he blocks it easily. He then knocks my legs from under me and throws a punch at my head which hits my lip. I feel blood trickle down but i'm not giving up yet. I try to get back up but my legs feel like jello. The boy kicks my stomach and I tap out before he knocks me out .

"And our winner is Axel! Better luck next time to Kai, the newcomer." The announcer says.

"Nice try Kid but the ring isn't for girls." Axel snarls.

"I'll get you next time." I spit out.

"Tell that to your bloody lip." He says before hopping out of the ring laughing.

"Remeber me Axel?" I snarl.

"I don't know who you are!"

"My names Kai." I respond shrugging.

"Oh shit. You're girl I beat a while ago." 

"Remember how I told you that I would get you back? Well here I am." I laugh pulling out my gun and clicking off the safety.

"Don't do it!" Max yells.

"Shut it or you're next." I spit.

"Please Kayla, this isn't you." Max begs.

"I don't understand why you're still trying to change who I am. This is me, this is the life we've all chosen. We kill or get killed." I say raising the gun to Axels head.

"WAIT. Don't shoot me, I'll tell you anything you want to know." Axel pleads.

"See, it's not that hard to be cooperative," I say lowering the gun, "Tyler? Take him to a separate room and get the information we want. Kill him if he doesn't talk."

---

Edited on October 19, 2022

Xoxo Maryann