Chapter 1: Graduation Day

Riska's POV

Monday Morning in Orlando, Florida

"Riska!!!!" I heard through my dreams. "Are you up yet?" It continued.

As much as I would have liked to go deeper into my sleep, something kept me from going back. I snapped my eyes open and looked at the clock. It read 8:30 am. Remind me why am I up again. Rubbing my eyes as I sat up, I tried to figure out why did my mom wake me up. "Oh!!" I exclaimed. "It's graduation day!" I said out loud. I hopped out of bed, and made my way down the stairs towards the kitchen, looking forward to what my mom is making for breakfast.

"Good morning, mom." I said cheerfully, after kissing her cheek.

"Good morning, sweetie. How did you sleep?" She asked while setting up a plate of breakfast for me.

"Pretty good, just getting ready for graduation, of course." I answered as she gave me my plate. I picked out a piece of turkey, as I walked to the dining room where I found my dad reading the newspaper.

"Good morning, Graduate." He said, without taking his eyes of the article. "Good mornin', dad." I said before stuffing my face with food.

"Full?" My mom asked as she took the place from in front of me. All I could do was nod. "Well good. I've done my part, now go do yours. Go get ready its, 8:45." She pulled me up from the chair gently pushed me toward the stairs. She pointed up the stairs, signally Now.

I set the temperature of the water and to give it some time to warm up, I went to lay out my clothes for the day. When I was sure that I didn't leave out anything, I went on to proceed with my shower. As much as the soothing water was, I knew I had to get out or my mom will personally come up and haul me out. When I was done, I got a towel and dried myself.

"Riska, could you hurry up so I can do your hair. You wouldn't want to be late to your own graduation." With that reminder I quickly put on my dress and ran to my mom's personal home studio, with heels dangling in my hands.

After twenty-five minutes of her tackling my hair, we finally headed out the door, to the car. My mom was driving like a madman or woman to get me to the school. If she was driving like that you would probably be saying that we were late.

Nope, you were wrong. We are actually thirty minutes early. Yes graduation is starting at 10, just if you guys didn't know. When I entered the auditorium, I scanned the room looking for my two best friends. I spotted them in a quieter corner. "Hey Cam. Hey Kev." I said as I neared them. "Hey Riska." They both said at the same time. "Are you ready to graduate, my good friends?"

Instead of expecting a quick nod and 'You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment' I got a shook. "What? You guys don't want to graduate?" I asked looking at them like they have grown two heads.

"Well, I do, but I'm sad that I'm not going to see you again." Camryn admitted.

"Wait, you not coming to Bethany High with me?" A shook of her head, told me all. "Give me your phone number. You are calling me as soon as you get over there." A small smile made its way to her lips as she gave me her number.

"Riska" Kevin started, "You may not see me either." I was about to grill him, but got cut out with..

"GRADUATES GET YOURSELVES TO THIS STAGE NOW!!!" The head teacher of this year's graduation yelled. She was nice, but she is lethal at times. This is why we don't mess with her, or else...You don't want to know.

We positioned ourselves in our pairs and the Graduation proccession began. I really didn't pay much attention, until they were calling the graduates to come get thier diplomas.

(Those diplomas are fake. I found that out the hard way. -.- A/N)

"Riska Reedings" I heard the head teacher say. I got up from my seat and went to get my diploma. Cheers erupted from the audience. Everybody loves me, so yeah. I stood in the middle of the stage and blew kisses to the crowd. Yeah a little childish, but whatever this is the last time they gonna see anyway, might as well.

"8th graders," Principle Little started, "Please move your tousel from the right side of the cap to the left." We faced the audience there witnessing one of our greatest accomplishments. "May I present to you, THE CLASS OF 2012!!"

We all threw our caps in the air, cheered, cried, and eventually said our goodbyes after the luncheon. Goodbye Bethany Elementary and Hello Bethany High.

________________________________________________________________

Alright first revised chapter done, many more to go. Hope you like. I didn't have much to add so I wouldn't over do it but I'm getting there.

Picture: Riska

You know the usual:

Vote

Comment and maybe

Fan/Follow/etc

R-Med