Chapter 44: Faithy-Poo Is Stuck Like Glue

Start from the beginning

Marcy got up from the video system and pulled them into a hug. “Hey guys! You can have a seat or eat. The pizza will be done soon.”

Lisa—or was it Tina skipped over to the stereo and blasted the music, a beer already in her hand.

Oh geez.

Another knock echoed the door. My heart fluttered at the power behind the hand. It was definitely a guy. I dragged my feet to the door and pulled it open to yet another gorgeous young man with longish blonde hair and bright blue eyes.

“Hello,” he greeted.

I gave them a smile and told them to come in and watched him grab a beer on the coffee table an take a squat across from the twins and Cory, who all seemed to be laughing at a joke. There were now five strangers in my house, three of which could have been Death.

The dark-skinned boy, Cory sat up, waved at me and shouted, “Yo, I heard someone say cupcakes. Can you see if there are any in that tray? They’re on the counter.”

Cupcakes.

My stomach dropped as my eyes lingered on a tray covered with aluminum foil on our granite counter. Cory was staring at the cupcakes with a hunger, eagerly waiting them.

“Sure,” I replied and walked over to the counter. My legs seemed more wobbly and my breathing became quick.

Death has to be Cory. Why would he ask me to get Cupcakes?

I tore the aluminum off with shaky hands to reveal twenty perfect-looking cupcakes with black icing and yes—you guessed it, little sugar skulls on the tops. I took one of them out turned around, and smiled at all of the guests that had been watching me stare at the cupcakes.

I gave Cory in particular a nice scowl when I handed him the cupcake and said between clenched teeth, “Real funny.” Cory gave me a confused look and took a bite of the cupcake.

“Oooh! I want a cupcake!” the twins shouted. They got up and skipped over to the tray along with Marcy and stuffed one into their mouth.

I bit my lip as I watched everyone in the room eating a cupcake. Well, that’s what I thought until my eyes locked onto one person in particular who wasn’t eating a cupcake, had his converse propped up on the coffee table, and was wearing a dark navy sweatshirt.

Not to mention he was staring at me

“Death?” I mouthed to him.

He stuck his tongue out at me and then glanced at Marcy, who had gotten up with one of the twins and was setting up the DVR. The TV went static at his glare and so he smiled, and continued to stare at the girls setting up the mats as if he was…

My face went beat red with anger. I stormed around the room to his side of the couch. “Stop eying them up. Just take the cloak and leave,” I hissed over the music, so only the ‘brown spiky haired boy’ could hear.

I decided to call him Spiky for future reference.

“Hey I’m talking to you,” I repeated, when he didn’t answer me.

 Spiky slowly turned his head towards me and ushered me to come closer. I leaned only a tinsy bit. “Kitchen,” was all he whispered.

“Can someone help with the mats? They aren’t working!” One of the twins said. I had already confused the two and prayed to God they wouldn’t be in a situation that I would have to call them by name.

“I will,” Cory said and sauntered over to what seemed like a construction site.

I crossed my arms over my chest and began to walk towards the kitchen where the cupcakes sat, took a cupcake and plopped down on a stool as I began to unwrap it. I looked over my shoulder once the cupcake was completely unwrapped.