"We will. Thanks Gen." I said before she walked in yelling back to us, "Night kids!"

(JJ's POV)

I laid next to Jake on the patio, and snuggled into him. "Have you talked to your dad lately?" He just shook his head and continued to look at the stars. I looked up at him and started to worry. He seemed really upset but wouldn't talk to me about it. "Jake, what's wrong?"

"I don't want to talk about it." He said bluntly.

I got up and started walking to the door. I wasn't going to deal with this tonight. He suddenly got up, "Babe, where are you going?"

"To bed. You don't want to talk, so why stay up?"

"That's not fair." He argued, "I just don't want to talk about it." 

"Why not." I turned around to face him angry now. "I tell you everything. Absolutely everything. What is wrong Jake?"

"Damn it Jay! Can't you just leave this be? I've spent this whole last week doing anything I can for you, can you just forget this one?"

Tears started to swell in my eyes, "I'm sorry I was such a bother, why don't you just go back to New York with your dad then!"

He blew up on me and started yelling. "Don't you see! That's what I'm worried about! You can't possibly understand though because you can't seem to get along with your dad either! Maybe I need to just go? We both have things we need to workout and I can't do this right now."

"Fine! Maybe your rich Daddy will buy you a new car or something." I yelled just as he brushed passed me to grab his coat on the couch and his keys on the counter. He slammed the front door as he walked out and Gen came running down the stairs. 

"What the hell is going on?" She hurried outside to stop him but he was already half way down the street. "What just happened?"

I started crying realizing what I had just done. "I... I don't... this is all my fault." I fell to my knees and couldn't control the tears. I've pushed out the two most important men in my life. Now what was I going to do?

Gen came over to me and knelt beside me. "Do you want to tell me what happened?"

"I was an idiot." She handed me a tissue to wipe the tears away. "He was worried about something with his dad, and I must have just set him off the edge or something. He blew up on me and before I could stop him, he was out the door and driving away." 

"What did you say?"

"Something about him leaving all this stress and going to live with his Dad in New York."

She sat up and sighed looking to the ceiling. "Oh god please help these two." Looking back at me she softened her voice and pulled me into her, "Jay, he's been worried sick about telling you what his Dad is making him do."

I suddenly felt a lump deep in my throat. "What's he doing?"

"He was going to make him live in New York leaving July 31st until the end of October when he turns 18, then he could move out and come back home with us. So it probably didn't help that you literally told him to just go live with his dad."

I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry there for hours. I decided I'd call my dad and fix things with him first. "I think I'm going to go call my dad, thank you for your help though." 

"Anytime doll, I love you sis." 

"I love you too. Good night." 

I went into my bedroom and started calling my dad. He answered after two rings. "Hey princess, did you guys make it home safely?"