Both Hurt In The End

I practically ran to my car. My hands were shaking with adrenaline so the keys were fumbling in my hands. I just needed to leave! I finally unlocked the door and right when I was about to get in someone grabbed my arm. It's Asshole Austin. That's his new name. It suits him.

"Let go of me now." I said with gritted teeth and tears still falling. I pulled my arm away from his grasp. He then quickly closed my door and shoved me against the car. His hands were holding my wrists by my side very tightly.

"I said I'm never letting you go Averey."

"Don't start with that bullshit! I have never been so disrespected by anyone like this ever in my life like I was tonight!" I was shouting in his face but I didn't care. "You didn't even try to defend or stop what they were saying to me! You sat down like a coward letting them harass me." Tears were falling unrestrained while my voice got weaker. "I fuckin hate you and I never want to see you again so let me go or I will have to force you to let me go." He let go of my wrists.

"Averey you don't understand my family..."

"No! Don't start to defend yourself or your family because it's not going to work! You lost me and you can't do nothing to change that." I shrugged my shoulders.

"You're not leaving me." He said in all seriousness.

"You actually think that I'm going to stay with you." I laughed with disbelief. "I'm not staying with anyone who doesn't have the BALLS to stand up to his own family! They don't control you Austin! You better make some changes to your life and it starts with your dysfunctional family or else you will never be happy in life." I opened my door but then remembered something. "Oh yeah don't expect me to come to work tomorrow because I quit."

"What?!"

"I'm not going to repeat myself."

"You are NOT quitting!"

"Why should I have to suffer everyday whenever I see your face just to remember how fucked up our relationship was and is!" I paused before I was about to explode. I have to say it. "I love you Austin and I actually seen us spending our lives together but after tonight I just don't think that will ever be possible." I started crying again.

He looked at me in disbelief or shock I'm not sure which.

He whispered,"Averey you have no idea how much I love you." He huffed and he was choking on his words."I've loved you since the first day I saw you. YOU made me see a different outlook on life. YOU made me whole again. YOU are the reason why I became happy. YOU are my first LOVE and my LIFE!" I couldn't bear to hear him anymore.

"STOP! JUST PLEASE STOP!" I was sobbing uncontrollably. He grabbbed my upper arms and pulled me towards him.

"AVEREY LOOK AT ME!" I looked up at him cautiously. "If you leave me I will not be able to live anymore. I will suffer more than you'll ever know. Just please don't leave me!" He started crying. Oh god I hate when people cry. I started crying even more. "Please." He head dropped in defeat.

"Austin I can't stay. You have no idea how much I was hurt tonight. I'm sorry if I'm hurting you but you hurt me too. It's best if we just stop seeing one another." I paused."I told you we were both going to get hurt in the end." I couldn't leave him like this so I kissed his cheek. "Goodbye Austin." I turned around and got in my car and left him standing there looking at me leave.