MYSTERY LOVES COMPANY - Introduction

E X T E N D E D   S U M M A R Y

E X T E N D E D  S U M M A R Y

Rhett, an architecture student in Bridgewald's Bensworth University, has always been unlucky in life. Every day, it's always the same—it's either falling down the stairs, tripping, slipping on something, or just getting hit unpredictably by a flying object. Not to mention the mess he makes at school—screwing up his own assignments, having arguments with the professors (which he always loses), and being laughed at by everyone, just because. The only luck he gets that he is still alive after all those terrible things.

But, instead of living with shame and fear, he embraces the unluckiness by pursuing his longtime dream: to be a detective. This brings him to Avery, a high school girl who is too smart for her own good. The two forms an unlikely partnership to solve cases, starting with a small misunderstanding at the university's pharmacy.

One thing leads to anotherit's all connected. The cases, the people... Even the seemingly harmless little Avery harbors a secret that can lead to further catastrophe, not just for herself, but also for Rhett and everyone close to her.

The mysteries just keep building up around them, and Rhett has never been keener to solve something before. But, with all that obsession to prove himself to others that he's just more than a jinx, is it really worth it... when there is a far more important thing to worry about?

C A S T

It is totally up to your own imaginations, but I can't help to think about these people when writing this story.

Rhett – Dylan O'Brien
Avery – Kiernan Shipka
Noel – Cameron Monaghan
Chief Snell – Dean Norris
Kyle – Jordan Fisher
Vivian/Avery's mother – Rosamund Pike
Danna – Mackenzie Foy
Mrs. Dench – Emma Thompson
Maxine – Georgie Henley

A U T H O R ' S  N O T E

Welcome! It's probably too late to give an extended summary (if that is an extended summary) and prologue because I know some of you have already read this story from the first time I published it—and I'm really grateful for that. Don't worry, the plots in 12 published chapters remain unchanged. I just want to give some insight about what will happen as the story progresses, in case the description isn't clear enough for you.

I'm sorry, so sorry, for the slow updates. Like Rhett, I'm an architecture student with a bunch of assignments to do, but unlike him, I don't go around town trying to work on cases (uh, I wish) and I have to stick with my assignments. My professors are probably more annoying than Rhett's too :p

Now that I finally have some free time, I want to polish this story just a bit before continuing. Hope I don't ruin your reading experience (if you have any) and I can't thank you enough for even adding Mystery Loves Company to your reading list.

(All the gifs and pictures on the multimedia bar aren't mine, unless stated. The 'file' title cards are mine though.)

Enjoy, and happy reading! :)

Widya