Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"Patricia Scott please report to the principal’s office” The principals voice boomed through the tannoy.

I hear murmurs of "ooohhhsss" and taunts of "you getting in trouble again Patsy”. My classmates laugh as I pass by them. They wouldn't be laughing if they knew who I really was.

I hated the stupid disguise, it really wasn’t me. First of all I didn’t like wearing the school uniform I was currently wearing which consisted of a big thick jumper which was a bit oversized for me and do not get me started on the glasses. They keep falling off every two minutes; I do not know how to control them. But it has to be done so no one can suspect me of being a spy. No one would ever think of the nerd as being a spy, hence the reason why I was dressed as one.

I am standing outside the principal’s office and before I knock I make sure no one is looking, just as a precaution to make sure I do not get caught. When I know that the coast is clear I knock on the door with a secret knock. Sort of like a pass code to enter.

"Enter" Principal Daniels says in his gruff voice.

I enter and wait for him to talk.He turns around in his chair to look at me.

"There has been a break in at the local museum. The diamond has been stolen. I need you to go undercover and see who has stolen the diamond and recover it”

"Yes Sir" I nod in affirmation.

Principal Daniels is a retired spy who is now in charge of his own spy headquarters and helps train younger spies like me. He may look scary with his intense dark blue eyes and his brows always furrowed, but he is a really nice person when he is not being serious and working. He was always well dressed, wearing his clean suit and tie, ready to play the part as his disguise as a principal.

He was also one of the best spies out there or so I’ve been told by the team. Agent Daniels doesn’t like to brag about it, but we all know how amazing he is. His skills behind the scenes are outstanding, making us all wonder how he must have been as a spy. He is the glue that keeps this place together, without him and his expertise; this place would be a mess. But of course, that is why he is the head of this spy unit.

I head to the wall with a painting on it behind Agent Daniels desk. It may look like an ordinary wall with an ordinary painting but behind the painting is a keypad in which I have to enter the pass code which opens a secret passageway to reveal an elevator which leads to the headquarters. I give Agent Daniels a nod before I walk through the door and down to the Underground.

The Underground is our spy unit, which was built beneath the school, hence why it’s called The Underground. No one would ever think to find spies in a school therefore Agent Daniels decided a few years back to try it out and so far it has been a success. Many other spy headquarters have been found because they were in quiet or rural areas, basically the most obvious places for spy headquarters, but Agent Daniels thought of the idea of putting it in school so that the spies were surrounded by normal everyday people and could blend in easily whilst also doing their spy work, no one would think to look here. Genius, right?

As soon as I walk off the elevator I am greeted by the sight of flashing lights everywhere due to the computers and the bustling of people running around, working hard. There was never a dull moment here; everyone is constantly kept on their feet. Lots of people nod their heads at me as I walk past them, they all knew me here.

As I am walking along my good friend and the brains of the unit Andy comes to my side, with a clipboard in hand to tell me my mission in full detail. He is the hardest working person I know, he does all the research and makes sure everything is running in the unit. Andy was one year older than me and with his sandy blond hair all ruffled up, you could tell he had a busy day. He gave me a smile, which showed off his dimples and making his blue eyes sparkle, just showing how much he loved his job. This was one thing I admired about him, no matter how busy he is, he always does it with a smile.