A Calm Before The Storm

(A/n: Ms. Rain here with the eighth chap and sorry for the mini long hiatus, not like anyone really reads this anyway. Please enjoy)

"Leo are you okay? You're really pale and you look almost dead," Steven Ashmore, a blue haired glasses wearing half-anteater (Without the long nose, just has the tail and a long tongue) asked the pale half-raccoon.

Leo was in his second period class, AP English Literature. He was late to class as always but when he walked in, the class knew something was wrong with the always hyper teen. He usually entered into the classroom cracking a joke or two or just walked in the class with a smile, but he did nothing of the sort today. He just walked in and sat in his seat, placing his head down in his arms.

Everyone took notice in his depressed behavior but said nothing, respecting his silent wish to be left alone. All except one that is. With a muffled groan, Leo turned to his right and gave his friend an exhausted glare. "Steve can't you take a hint. I clearly wanna be left alone right now."

"And I can clearly see that," Steven said, not phased by his weak glare. "But I'll only leave you alone if you tell me what's the matter and/or the teacher teaches something worth paying attention too."

Steven was a well known nerd in school, having been picked on for it ever since his freshmen year. Now he didn't take shit from no one, especially those who used him just so they could get good grades and such now that he's a senior. He had an IQ that bested even college professors. Leo and many others questioned why he didn't just go to college, any college would except a genius like him. 

"Well the thing is, I don't want to deal with stuck up people nor haters in college, which I'm pretty sure I will have a lot of. I also want to take it slow and go to college at an appropriate age," was his answer. It was left at that, the teachers had no reason to argue with his answer.

Leo groaned again. "Fine I'll tell you when class is over, " he told the nosy half-anteater, he buried his head back into his arms.

Steven nodded, going unnoticed by Leo and turned his attention to the front. Almost instantly, Steven's lips formed into a frown. "Great, yet another lesson not worth paying attention to," he thought. He respected his teachers however if they were being taught something he already knew then he just asked could he be excused. He would do so today but he wanted to know what was wrong with Leo so he decided to sit in the classroom.

***

The shrill sound of the bell awoke Leo from his much needed rest. He groaned, feeling that his neck was hella sore that he could barely move it. He gritted his teeth and sharply twisted his neck forward, emitting a loud pop. "Ouch, sounded like that hurt," a voice said beside him.

Leo just groaned again, rubbing his aching neck. Steven helped him out by grabbing his stuff, Leo raised an eyebrow at hiss friends' unexpected kindness. Both teens walked to the front of the classroom. "I feel sick," Leo stated as they left out of the classroom. "And clearly you are sick so why the hell did you come to school?" Steven asked.

The Evergreen twin sighed, already feeling drained just by saying those three words. "I woke up with just a headache and I took some Advil for it, forgetting that taking medicine makes me sleepy," he answered afterwards he yawned. He kept the details about him and Splendid dating, and the feeling of dread ever since his boyfriend left yesterday to himself.

They stopped in front of their third period class, Steven took notice that Leo looked hesitant about going in. He nudged his arm, Leo's shoulders jumped slightly. "Oh...sorry," Leo mumbled, he entered the classroom, failing to see Steven giving him a concerned look.