Chapter 40

"Are you ready, alpha?" Greg asked, poking his head into my new bedroom.

I continued to stare at myself in the mirror. I didn't look like myself anymore. I didn't have the functional versatile clothes I was basically known for, nor did I have the fresh, clear skin I was used to. I didn't look like the sturdy, powerful alpha I had hoped to be in this dress.

I might've looked pretty, or even beautiful in the floor length, wine coloured gown. I almost looked like a goddess with the way the material flowed around my body and the jewels encrusted in the bodice made me glow. My eyelashes had been painted black, my cheeks pink, and my lips matched my dress. The hair that I was used to tumbling down my back was now up in a tight, elegant bun on top of my head and had been anchored down with probably a hundred bobby pins.

"I don't look like an alpha." I whispered.

"No, you don't." Greg agreed, sliding into my room ,"But you're not supposed to." he placed his hands on my shoulders, "Vienna, this is the next chapter in your life. You weren't born to be an alpha, you were born to be something greater. And with that mate beside you, you can accomplish anything your heart desires and I will be supporting you at all times, you know that."

I smiled at Greg through the mirror, "Thank you, Greg, I don't know what I would do without you."

"You amble through your life blindly, that's what, now come, we need to get to the ceremony, everyone is already waiting." Greg said.

I let him lead me through the castle, I still had very little idea of where everything was, but he seemed to have a firm grasp on it despite only being here for a few days with me. He was certainly showing me that bringing him to the castle as my right hand man was paying off.

In minutes I was near the throne room and Greg stopped to give me a smile, then surprised me by bowing lowly, "Through this door, princess."

"Greg, you don't have to do this." I said.

"You are a princess now, Vienna, get used to this kind of treatment, now go, you don't want to keep everyone waiting." Greg encouraged.

As I walked towards the entrance to the throne room a guard noticed me, then swung open the doors as he yelled, "All rise for the princess!"

And just like that everyone was on their feet, eyes curious but heads bowed as I slowly sauntered into the grand room. I was careful to not trip while wearing my heels but I tried to quicken my pace when I saw Grant. He was sitting in a chair, or I suppose they're called thrones, with his green eyes locked on me and an amazing smile on his face.

The second I was close enough I practically threw myself in the open chair next to him and reached for his hand.

"You look amazing, Vienna." Grant whispered.

"You do too." I murmured back. And he did. His suit fit him perfectly and he was glowing with happiness and pride. He might've been raised an omega but this was his home and he knew it now.

"Are you ready for this?" He asked quietly.

I chuckled and squeezed his hand, "Not even a little bit, but that's part of the adventure."

Grant laughed a little as well.

That moment could've possibly been the most frightening, anxiety inducing moments of my life. I was going to be a queen in a few years and I had already been tossed into the role of a princess, but when I looked at Grant's smiling face and caught the eye of his adoptive parents in the crowd my heart warmed. Greg was right, this is what I was born to do, I was born to be bigger than just an alpha, and Grant was born to be far more than an omega. And this was going to be our adventure together.

**********

Last Chapter, so sad, but im really excited about my next book so please check that out :)