Chapter 27

I whirled around to face the king, startled and horrified. This is not how I wanted my first introduction with the royal family to go and I doubted he would help me after he just heard me screeching like a mad woman at his very own guards. But when my eyes settled on him I felt an amazing sense of relaxation waft over me. it wasn't because he had gentle features and he looked genuinely concerned- because he looked beyond furious- it was because he made Greg's crazy theory correct.

He looked just like Grant.

"Oh my god." I breathed, placing a hand over my pounding heart.

"What have you done to my guards?!" he demanded, "Who are you?!"

"We need your help, please!" Greg yelled, sounding just as desperate as I felt.

"Guards!" The king yelled, his vibrant green eyes flashing around in hopes of back up.

He visibly relaxed when a dozen more men came trampling out of the castle, armed with weapons, but someone else joined in the march as well.

"Avon." A woman called.

The queen raced down a set of stone stairs, bundled up tightly in a robe with her hair a mess. She might've just woke up but she looked far more regal than I could ever hope to, even when she was stricken with panic. Within a matter of seconds she was beside her husband and guards were surrounding both of them.

"We aren't here to hurt anyone." I said, raising my hands in surrender. Part of me knew I couldn't win. Even if I was somehow able to defeat these guard I was certain that the king would yell again and more would come rushing to his aid, "We need help and we didn't have time to waste, please, listen."

"That's enough out of you!" The king shouted. He wrapped a protective arm around his queen and narrowed his eyes, "Guards, take them to the dungeons."

The guards all loomed towards Greg and I at once, moving with a slow, steady grace that terrified me. I was weak and exhausted, I wasn't ready for more fighting or even more arguing, but I wasn't about to be thrown in the dungeons willingly either. I didn't come all this way to give up because my eyes drooped. So I sucked in one more breath, raised my hands and shouted, "I command you to stand down immediately!"

The guards fought their bodies like hell. They tried to pursue Greg and I. they tried to stand on their own two feet. They tried to keep eye contact. They simply couldn't do it. They dropped down onto one knee, bowed their heads and remained silent as well as immobile.

"What are you doing?!" the king yelled, distress clear in his voice.

"She's too strong." One of the guards wheezed, still trying to get to his feet.

"My God, she must have royal blood in her." The queen whispered.

I opened my mouth to ask her what she meant but my body couldn't handle the strain anymore. The exhaustion had finally defeated me and my eyes drooped closed as my body collapsed to the ground.

I woke up slowly, my body fighting me. I needed more sleep, every muscle in my body ached and I could hardly keep my eyes open. But my mind was racing madly, moving too quickly to keep me asleep and I knew that my mind would always be far stronger than my body.

"She's waking up." A man whispered. It took me a moment to place the voice to the king, but when I did all of the memories came flooding back and I sat up instantly.

I gave out a moan as the dizziness hit me and I swayed a little, but remained upright regardless. My eyes darted around the room, trying to identify where I was. The first thing I noticed was that guards were everywhere and my beloved beta was nowhere to be found which made my chest tighten slightly. Then I realized I was in a very grand room, one much larger than my own back home with extravagant details and structure.

"Where am I?" I whispered, placing my cool hand on my forehead to ease the vertigo.

"You may ask questions later, who are you?" the king's voice boomed through the room, but I couldn't actually see him. He was probably surrounded by the massive guards.

"Where is my beta?" I pressed, ignoring him entirely.

"In the dungeon where he belongs." The king replied curtly.

I gasped, "Why on earth did you put him in the dungeon?"

"Enough! Who are you?" the king snarled, finally coming towards me. I knew he was beyond angry and frightened with the situation, but every time I saw him facial features I couldn't help but soften. He looked just like Grant.

"How come I'm not in the dungeon with him?"

The king rolled his eyes, "There's hardly a point of going through the effort to lock you up if you can simply command someone to open the cell for you."

I scrubbed my hands over my face, "I want Greg released immediately."

The king ignored me yet again, "Tell me who you are."

I decided to give in seeing as arguing would only set me back and take up more time, "I am Alpha Vienna." I announced.

"Alpha Vienna?" The queen murmured, pushing guards away from her so she could come closer to me.

"Yes." I replied.

"Sophia, please, don't get too close we don't know what she wants." The king warned.

"She's got royal blood in her; she'll do what she damn well pleases whether I'm right beside her or twenty feet away, Avon." The queen argued.

"We don't know she's royal." The king argued.

"Oh, for the love of God Avon, she can overpower our guards, not even the strongest alpha could do that, she must have royal blood in her."

The king appeared like he wanted to argue with his mate, but then he clamped his mouth shut and turned his attention back to me, "So you are the female alpha that everyone is so curious about." He racked his eyes over me, "I expected more."

"That's enough Avon." The queen scolded, "Tell me, how do you have royal blood in your system? From what I understand your parents are high ranking leaders, but hardly worthy of royal blood."

I cringed at the mention of my parents, but answered her question anyway, "I don't know if I have royal blood, I wouldn't know how I got it if I did. I have never been able to command anyone like that before, I wasn't aware I could." I confessed.

The queen seemed a little shocked at my confession but covered it quickly, "Well, if you didn't know you were royal then why on earth did you come to Germany? You are American if I remember correctly."

"I came out here because there have been several issues occurring within my pack and I think I may have some information you need to know." I whispered.

The queen hesitated and looked at her mate, but dismissed him when he shook his head in warning.

"What kind of information is that?"

I swallowed hard, "I think I may know who your son is."

�������ɲ��@J�