12

The sun had finally set, as the lights on the train that everyone pitch in to buy lit up the sky, which probably could be seen from the other villagers. The sounds of music playing and the sound of everyone having a good time during this time of actual peace was exciting enough.

The people on the train socializing with others and drinking to they couldn't drink any more. The kids were playing with the toys they got and the women gossiping and walking with others. You, on the other hand, sat at the roof o the train looking towards the night filled the sky, waiting for the fireworks to go off.

"Mind if I join you?"

You turned to see Ikoma sitting down before you could even answer. You turned your head back towards the night filled sky eagerly waiting for the fireworks to start.

"Should you be with the others?" you asked.

"Shouldn't you as well?" Ikoma asked back.

You sighed and remained quiet looking forward knowing that after today you will be splitting away from Ikoma and the group.

"This is an amazing view isn't it?" Ikoma asked breaking the ice between you both.

"It's beautiful," you replied amazed at the view as the lights from the festival in the village lit up the night sky. Ikoma put his arm around your shoulder and lowered your head to lay on his shoulder waiting for the fireworks to start and soon enough when they started. Several fireworks went off lighting up the area around you both. The kids were amazed and gasping at the colorful sparks. Some of the women were giggling to see Ikoma affectionate towards you, vice versa.

"Remember when we were little we saw this?" you asked.

"You remembered?" Ikoma asked out of shock.

"Just because I can't remember your name doesn't mean I couldn't remember events," you replied, "I am pretty sure this was the day I first saw you."

"It is," Ikoma said in a low tone.

You smiled and continued to watch the sky as the fireworks went off, you felt Ikoma turning his head to look at you while you were looking up at the sky. Your eyes shining brightly as the moon each time a firework went off. You then noticed Ikoma looking at you as you gazed into his scarlet red eyes.

"Ikoma is there something wrong,"

"Yuki, when you first told me that you wouldn't return my feelings because I love you and I am not in love with you I was a little hurt, but then you told me that you were in love with me made me realize that I want to work 10X hard in getting rid of this virus so that once day we can live in a world of peace and we could possibly become a family. There is a lot of things that I thought off to get you to recognize me when I was little and in the end I did get the recognition I wanted. I am glad your feelings are requited for me."

"What exactly do you think I am feeling for you?" you asked.

"Love, Yuki, I understand now what you meant and I know now that I've fallen in love with you and I am still in love with you."

Now it was your turn to turn different shades of red, you knew now for certain that you were definitely in love with him but something was holding you back from moving further with him, but tonight you wanted another wish to come true and it has.

"I'm in love with you too Ikoma," you said as Ikoma leaned forward and kissed you on the lips. his hands touched your face, he gently pulled you closer to him, he brushed your hair from your neck and gently but deeply kissed your neck, slowly working his way to your mouth for a little kiss on his way to the other side of your neck, kissing gently, softly sweetly, you placed your arms around his neck, not wanting the kiss to end.

Loud cheers came on the train as everyone was looking towards you too excited at the fact that you both finally confessed your feelings for one another.

"About time!" Takumi yelled, "your plan worked Hikari!"

"I know right!" yelled Hikari.

You smiled towards them and soon looked at the guy you fell for despite your efforts in trying to fight your feelings. But you knew that it couldn't happen as a tear slid down your cheek, Ikoma eyes filled with worry wondering what was wrong.

"Ikoma, I have finally accepted my feelings for you and when we reunited I couldn't help but think about you...but even though I know that I am in love with you...I can't be with you."

"Reconsider leaving the train, I will be there to protect you." Ikoma pleaded.

"That is not the reason why..."

"Then what is it?"

You looked towards him after taking a deep breath...

"I'm engaged..."