Chapter 38

Chapter 38

Joonmyeon noticed Luhan's glum state as the latter sweeps the floor in the kitchen. Ever since Min-ah left, he began to act to this way. The shy and joyous butler that once made the house brighten suddenly became quiet. He doesn't talk too much and only answers when a question is being asked. Joonmyeon sighs and walks over to him with a smile.

"Hey."

Luhan looks at him. He straightens himself and bows his head in respect. "Good afternoon." He walks past the young heir and continues sweeping. Joonmyeon purses his lips and looks at him.

"Luhan, I was thinking of asking Hana out in a trip to an amusement park." Joonmyeon said. "And I think that it would be great if you could tag along. You can bring Mira if you'd like. After all, even's better than the odds."

Luhan slowly scratches his ear. "I don't know. When will it be?"

"Saturday." He said. "Next Saturday. And I would very much like it if you would come."

Luhan thinks for a moment before nodding with a small smile. "That would be great. Thank you."

Joonmyeon smiles.

Like they've planned Mira and he went to the hospital where Jongdae is currently at. It wasn't easy to come inside unlike before because they needed certain passes and signatures to come in. He remembers the last time he's here was with his Agassi. Min-ah didn't talk too much then but just the act of making Luhan see his family was enough to fill his heart to the brim.

He felt grateful then that he can't help but envelop her in a tight hug.

Luhan grimaces and shakes the thought of his Agassi away. Just thinking of her makes him feel sad.

Standing in front of his family did not seem to ease the pain but he's glad that it lessened in some way. Mira stood in front of Jongdae beside the bed where he's sitting at. A lone tear managed to escape her eye before she bursts out crying in relief when she sees Jongdae looking strong and healthy despite his illness. Jongdae laughs and reciprocates her embrace.

"I missed you, too." Jongdae grins.

Mira sniffles and pulls away. She shifts her attention to the three kids that suddenly ran into her when they realized who she was. "Oh my god, I missed you all too!" She exclaims in tears. "You all are so big now: Himchan, Hansol, and Haneul."

Himchan and Haneul immediately crowded over their Mira noona and how much they missed her and her baked goodies. How much they missed playing with her and how much scary it was to live in a new place and going to a new school with many foreign faces. Mira entertains them all and comforted them with smiles and chuckles. Hansol, however, zeroed in on Luhan, who was standing by the doorway and reaches up at him as if asking to carry him. Luhan obliges.