Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Baekhyun's eyes went wide, then it reverted back to its original annoyed one. "What about him?" He turns his back once again to continue on his report, typing away on his laptop. "I already told you, him and I are just friends. Like seriously, what is wrong with you and Daehyun? Why can't a guy be friends with another guy?"

Chanyeol frowns. "You do know that he's –"

"I know that he's gay." Baekhyun turns his swivel chair to let Chanyeol see the deep scowl on his face. "That doesn't make him any different. He's still a guy."

"That likes another guy."

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun's hands shoot up. "What is wrong with that?"

"That's what's wrong, Baekhyun." Chanyeol stands up so he was towering him. Baekhyun gulps but does not let himself waver. "He's a guy attracted to another guy. If a girl and a guy can't be friends without one of them developing feelings for the other, how can a guy attracted to another guy can?!"

"So what?" Baekhyun looks at him dead in the eye. "So what if I develop something for Daehyun? What's it to you?!"

Chanyeol's eyes went wide.

And upon realizing what he just said, Baekhyun's eyes went wide.

Chanyeol opens his mouth for a moment then closes it, slumping back on the edge of the bed, nodding slowly. "You're right, Baek. It's got nothing to do with me. I mean, you're free to like whoever you want, right? What's it to me, honestly?" He chuckles lowly and hits his head with his fist. "Stupid, stupid me."

Baekhyun sighs. "Chanyeol."

"Look, the point is." Chanyeol takes a deep breath and sighs. "If you turned out to be gay, or bisexual or I don't know what kind of sexual there is... I just want you to know, that I accept you."

Baekhyun froze.

Chanyeol messes his hair and laughs lowly. "If you're into guys, or – or maybe dogs, I don't know..." Baekhyun scrunches his nose at that. Chanyeol laughs. "That won't change a fact that you're my best friend. You're Byun Baekhyun. My best friend till the very end. I don't want to lose you over this stupid... stupid person – Yes, I think Daehyun is stupid, shut up, Baek."

Baekhyun closes his mouth then and smiles.

"So..." Chanyeol holds his arms out. "Hug me?"

Baekhyun bites the inside of his cheek, looking up, pretending to think before looking at him with a smile on his face. And even before he can move, Chanyeol pulls him forward, sending him falling into his arms, his cheek landing against his warm chest. Baekhyun groans at that but chuckles afterwards.