12

Rowan-

He was soaked from the rain outside and looked to be shivering. I would have been heartless to send him back out in the cold.

"Come in." I stepped aside and he quickly scurried in.

"What are you doing here." I remembered that I was angry at him.

"You know what I'm doing here Row. You got my messages."

"How did you get here?"

"It's a long story you may want to sit down."

"Hey Oliver?"

"Yeah?" He came walking in the front where ben and I stood.

"Can you let Ben borrow some of your clothes until his are dry?" I sighed hopefully. I was mad but I didn't want the kid getting frostbite.

His eyes lit up in realization as he heard the name Ben.

He nodded.

"Yeah no problem."

"Thanks I don't want Tim getting mad about Ben being wet on his furniture."

"Who the hell is that?" Ben looked hurt.

"Oliver." I shrugged as Oliver came downstairs with a grey sweater and black jeans in his hand.

"Thanks." Ben said and retreated to the bathroom to change.

Oliver grabbed my arm and led me to the kitchen.

"What is he doing here?"

"I don't know!"

"Well what are we gonna do with him if mom and dad come downstairs and find a delinquent they will be pissed!"

"I'll take the fall. I can't let him get frostbite outside in the cold."

He sighed.

"Fine. But you better not fuck him again."

"Oliver!" I hissed as Ben walked out of the bathroom.

"Want anything to drink? Water? Hot chocolate? Rowan's body fluids?"

"Oliver what the fuck, go to sleep." I grabbed a spatchula and smacked him with it.

"Gosh okay." He laughed. "Nice to meet you Ben."

"Nice meeting you too." Ben muttered.

"Here I'll put your clothes in the drier."

"Thanks." He muttered as we went and sat down on the couch as I messed about in the kitchen.

"But seriously do you want a drink? Or some food."

"Uh.... A drink would be nice." He said shyly.

I nodded and got us both drinks and I got myself some food and sat down on the couch a foot away from him.

I ate as he stared at me.

"Stop looking at me." I bit my lip.

"Rowan." He sighed and ruffled his hair like he did when he was nervous.

Now that I knew he was safe I didn't have to be kind. He shattered my heart.

"Look you can stay tonight but tomorrow you're back at briarwood."

"I'm not going to leave until you hear me out." He sighed.

"I'll call the cops on you for stalking. How did you even find out where I was anyway." I scoffed.

"I broke into the records office and hoped you were at your mom's. And you were." He smiled at his feat.

"And you got out of Briarwood and got here how exactly?"

"I snuck out and took a cab."

That must have cost him a fortune.

"They must be looking for you."

"Yeah Denis said the cops were already called to campus."

"You caused all this havoc for what?" I raised my eyebrow.

"For you."

"To clear your conscience." I rolled me eyes.

"Listen to me Rowan."

"Why should I. You got your money. So you should butt out of my life."

"Rowan I want to be in your life. I love you."

"What? Did Denis pay you for a second round? You're pathetic."

"No Rowan. I gave back the money. I didn't want it because I want you instead. Yeah in the beginning it was a stupid bet but then somehow I fucked up and I fell in love with you. It stopped being fake the moment I kissed you."

"But you didn't break off the bet."

"I thought I needed the money. To get by but I'll manage without it if I have you by my side. That is if I didn't fuck things up too badly."

I sighed shakily as I looked up and stared directly into his eyes for the first time since I heard about the bet.

He looked hurt, sincere. Just as I had felt.

I lost it then. Tears fell and I buried my face in my hands as I sobbed.

"I loved you. I gave everything to you!"

"I'm so sorry, more sorry than I've ever been. I used to be reckless and destroy things constantly without care, but Rowan I love you and I'm so sorry. I'll do anything to fix this because you're all I want." His voice broke a little bit.

I couldn't form a sentence as I cried.

Ben sighed and wrapped his arms around me and I stopped for a second before I clutched onto him, wrapping my legs around his torso , my arms around his neck and my face in his shoulder, sobbing into his shirt.

"Shhhh it's okay Rowan. I'm here. I love you. So so much."

"I love you too." I sniffled.

"Promise?" He asked.

I nodded as he kissed my hair.

"God I thought I was going to lose you." He sighed as he held me tight to his chest.

"You'll have to build trust with me now." I sighed.

"I know. But it's worth it." He held me tightly as he shifted so we were laying down.

I pulled a blanket off the edge of the couch and covered us.

"I'm relieved you're here." I sighed.

"I'm relieved to be here."

"Promise me you won't hurt me again."

"I promise you Rowan."

"Then let's go to sleep."

-----
A/N: alright I've put out a ton of chapters for this in the past few days so I'm gonna chill for a few days.