8

Rowan-
I sat in Ben's room and sighed dramatically as he continued to get ready.

"You take too long." I sighed.

"You complain too much." He laughed "besides, you can't rush art babe."

"You don't need to spend an hour ruffling your hair." I laughed as we fell into a comfortable silence.

It had been about a month since Ben and I started dating and I couldn't be happier he wasn't what people said. That cold exterior and badass image wasn't really him. He was a softie.

"I like looking good. The ladies like it too."

I playfully smacked his arm and rolled my eyes.

"Don't worry Row I only have eyes for you." He smirked, lightly pressing a kiss to my lips.

"Oh that's unfortunate because I'm kinda into-"

He cut me off with another kiss.

"Trying to make me jealous princess?" He raised his eyebrow when he pulled away.

"Succeeding." I winked.

"Careful princess you'll get yourself into trouble."

"What kind of trouble?" I winked.

He grabbed my hips and pulled me close as he kissed me again.

I pulled away after a few moments, sighing.

"Cmon we have to go it's parents weekend."

He groaned.

"But I'd rather stay with you than hang out with the lads and their parents."

"Well isn't that unfortunate." I rolled my eyes, smoothing out my dress as I walked out the door.

Ben grabbed my hand and we walked together to the dining area which had been decorated elegantly for parents weekend.

"Meet me after?" He asked hopefully.

I nodded, kissing his cheek.

"Gladly."

I made my way over to the faculty table where my dad was seated.

It had a view of all the other tables and I could see Ben greet his family.

It was cute to see him interact softly with people other than me.

"Hey Rowan." My dad smiled at me, giving me a quick hug.

"Hey." I smiled as I took a seat next to him and the rest of the faculty.

We made small talk all night as I watched the students interact with their families and finally the dinner was over.

I sauntered out to the green where Ben stood under the tree with his mother, his face lit up as he saw me.

"Hey beautiful." He smiled and pressed a kiss to my lips.

I blushed and looked down when we broke away, he pulled me close to him a proud smile on his face.

"Mom this is Rowan. Rowan this is my mom."

"It's nice to meet you Mrs. Bruce." I smiled.