3

Rowan-

"Rowan can I speak to you?" My anatomy teacher called me as I stood up to exit the classroom. Had I done something wrong?

"Yes Mr.Myner?" I asked.

He sighed and punched the bridge of his nose.

"I know this is a lot to ask of you, but we are three weeks into the class and I already have a student who is failing and desperately needs a tutor in order to pass my class and graduate."

"I'd be happy to tutor." I smiled. "Does my dad know?"

He nodded. "Yes I asked him and he said only if you are comfortable with tutoring."

"Of course. Helping other students sounds good and will help on my college applications. Tell them to meet me at my house tonight at seven." I smiled.

-----
It was seven thirty and the student still hadn't shown up.

I sighed, putting my books away, throwing my hair up and putting on a t shirt and athletic shorts as the doorbell rang.

I huffed as I stomped down the stairs and to the door, probably an administrator needing my dad for a signature,

"Hey he's not-" I looked up to meet Ben's eyes. "What are you doing here?" I raised my eyebrow.

We hadn't had any interaction since the rec center a few weeks ago and I liked to keep it that way.

"I'm here for my lesson."

I scoffed. "Yeah right. Sorry Ben I was expecting to tutor someone from Anatomy tonight and I can't deal with your shit right now."

"I'm your student." He sighed. "Can I come in?"

"I don't think that's a good idea." I said hesitantly.

"Rowan. Please. I need to graduate and we started off on the wrong foot."

I sighed. This kid needed me.

I took a deep breath and stepped away from the door, opening it so he could enter.

"Come in."

"Thank you."

"Uh...follow me. I had my stuff out but I kinda figured you wouldn't show because it's been thirty minutes."

"Sorry." He bit his lip. "I had to talk myself into knocking on the door."

"Am I that scary?"

"You're the Headmasters daughter and I'm in his house, that's pretty damn scary."  He chuckled.

"Well my dad is scary a lot of the time, but not to me. We have been through a lot together." I said, pulling out my anatomy book and placing it on my bed where he sat.

"You can make yourself comfortable." I bit my lip.

He kicked his shoes off and flashed me a charming smile as I sat with my legs crossed against some pillows at the headboard of my bed.

"Alright how much do you know about anatomy?" I asked, uncapping my pen.

"I know the female anatomy quite well." He smirked.

"Ben." I glared.

"Hey it's the truth." He feigned innocence.

"Let's start with male specific anatomy because you can't sexualize that." I rolled my eyes.

"Yes I can." He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Okay just focus for a sec-"

"Why did you come to live with your dad."

"Focus." I snapped.

He stood up as he looked around my room, staring at pictures on the walls.

"I am focusing. I'm just curious about well...you."

"You need to focus on anatomy."

"Is that a pickup line?" He smirked.

"Gross." I sighed. "How about this. Today I'll answer your questions and you answer mine. But next time it's all studying. Deal?"

"Deal."

"How old are you?" I asked him.

"19. And you?"

"18. How are you already failing?"

"It's my turn." He stopped me.

"But you asked the same question I did!" I pouted.

"Well I don't count that. So it's my turn. Why did you move here? With your dad?"

"Isn't that a bit personal?" I asked.

"Indeed it is. But you have to answer that's the rules."

"There weren't any rules to this."

"I just made some." He smirked.

"Fine. Divorce, and that's as deep as I'm getting with it."

It was a rough breakup for everyone involved, me especially. My parents had practically ripped each other apart in the custody battle.

"I'm so sorry Rowan."

"Don't. You didn't cause it. My turn?" I quickly changed the subject.

"Yes."

"Do you actually sleep with all the people you say you have? I've heard a lot of rumors about you Ben Bruce."

"Yes. Over one hundred."

My jaw dropped.

"You're joking." He shook his head. "Sex is meaningless to me. It feels good and it gets me off. Much better than doing it myself."

"Ben!" I covered my eyes embarrassed with how open and casually he was about this kind of thing.

"So you're a virgin?"

"You've asked me that before." I rolled my eyes.

"I want to verify it."

"Why is it important?" I raised my eyebrow.

"So I can know how many guys I'll be competing with for your affection. If you're a virgin more people will want you."

"It doesn't matter because I'm off limits, and I don't just recklessly sleep with people."

"So yes you are."

"Yes. Now get up we are done with questions."

He slipped his shoes on, a smile on his face.

"Well things just got more difficult for me."

"I don't sleep with people, and I'm off limits. So your little fantasy of fucking me in my dads office or something needs to go away. Plus even if I did you wouldn't have competition."

"Because I'm so damn hot?" He smirked, standing in the doorway.

"No because guys don't see me as pretty."

An unreadable expression popped up onto his face.

He reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Row, you're beautiful." And with that, he was gone.

-----
A/N: I am so thrilled about the feedback this has been getting already, I didn't even post about it in my other books yet and I'm already getting reads! Thank you all for the inspiration. Leave your thoughts on the chapter in the comments and be sure to vote.