Angel Warrior Ch. 6

When I came back, Marie-Ann seemed mystified by something. She was staring at her hands with wide eyes. I took a deep breath facing Crusade. "Your turn" I nod and walk into the dark room.

The sound of the door closing echoed through out the room and a cool wind blew in from behind me. As if an effect from the sudden wind, torches started lighting up down the walls as the breeze passed. There were five grails in the center of the room, each on their own table with a separate color cloth. "If you would please make your way to the first table" he was standing infront of the table already facing me. As I walked forward, I admired his huge, white wings that were really almost light blue. It matched his dark blue hair, that was short and spiky at the front. The first grail was on a table with a blue cloth draped under it. "We are about to see what your hidden power is. If you would please hold your dominate hand above the cup filled with water" I did as he asked holding my right hand above the cup, my mind beginning to wonder 'hidden power?' I wonder what he meant by that...' he placed his hand over mine and closed his eyes. My eyes widened when I felt some strange power passing through me, the the water started to move around in the cup. Crusade opened his eyes and nodded. "Very good, next one"

We came to the second table which had an orange cloth. I held my hand back over the cup and he moved his over mine, closing his eyes once again. Soon enough, I felt the same energy surge through me, and a small fire began to form in the bottom of the cup. What was this?! Crusade opened his eyes and even he seemed shocked. Was that supposed to happen?! I watched him as he nodded to himself "Alright, what an unexpected turn of events. Please don't be afraid of what is happening, I will explain after we proceed with the last three. If you will please head to the grail with the purple cloth." We did the same procedure, the purple creating winds, and the green making branches grow from the bottom of the cup. "My, how extraordinary" I heard Crusade mumble under his breath. He lead me to the center grail, the one with a golden cloth.

"Now Kimiko, this one will be a bit different. You felt a separate power spreading through you when we did the last four, correct?" I nodded and he smiled a little for the first time I've seen. "That's great! Now, hold both your hands to both sides of the grail, as if your about to hold it" I did so and he flapped his wings once, automatically turning off all the torch flames. "Now Kim, focus. Try to recreate that energy you felt before between your hands and through the golden cup" I took a deep breath and started to remember what it felt like, trying to recreate the feeling. It was working, and faintly the cup started to glow. "Yes! That's it! Keep going! Focus harder!" I did my best, and soon the grail illuminated the entire room, and I fell back exhausted. The grail stopped glowing and Crusade started clapping, turning the flames back on. "Bravo! Magnificent! Absolutely remarkable!" He held out his hand to help me up. I hesitantly took his hand, still catching my breath as he pulled me up. "Kimiko Matzu, your color is gold!" Gold? I looked up confused at him. "You will see in a minute, come on, lets join the other girl out there" he guided me out the room and looked up "What color are you?" Marie-Ann called out cheerfully. "I have purple!" I was about to answer when Crusade spoke "Kimiko is a special case. Follow me and I will explain what your colors mean" and once again he lead us back down the hall from where we came.

We entered a huge library, filled with shelves of thousands of books, scrolls, papers, everything! It even had an escalator for 5 different floors! He brought us to the 3rd level and took out a book from one of the far shelves. "Now, you two had just received two different colors from the five grails in the ceremonial room. You see, Guardians receive abilities and powers along with their saved to enhance battle, depending on the angel and saved's aura and skill. These powers are categorized under 5 different colors, blue, orange, purple, green, and gold. Blue has the powers of water and ice, just as myself. Orange is the element fire, the Guardian Gerald is orange if you met him when first coming to the Angel Realm. Purple has the powers of wind, just like you Marie-Ann. If you learn to use your abilities correctly, this will especially help your arrows in battle." I glanced over at her and the expression on her face was awestruck. I'm guessing she was finding all of this cool. "And then there is green" I turned back to face Crusade. "Green is all of nature. Angels and humans under the category green will usually be great with animals and gardens, also possessing healing magic." I started thinking of that one boy I saw in the garden. 'He is probably a green...' I thought. "Now, then there are the rare Guardians and humans that contain the color Gold. They consist of all the colors, and are amazingly powerful. Kimiko, your aura has the potential of becoming a truely strong gold. But do be warned, if not wielded correctly, death can occur and you could vanish from existence forever." I gulped. "Say what now?!" Crusade took a deep breath. "It is true. Though angels are immortal, death is still a possibility for containing a physical form. The same goes for demons, we are immortal but only to a certain point. If we die by our weakness, our souls vanish into nothing" He bowed his head sighing. "It truely is a terrible fate..." he mumbled. Marie-Ann looked at him sympathetically "You lost some one... didn't you?" He rose his head ignoring the question. "Anyways, both of you have already decided to become a Guardian. You will be assigned a mentor tomorrow, please go back to your dormitories and rest up." He turned and vanished. "He...he disappeared!" Marie-Ann whispered with wide eyes. "Yes, I believe some angels are able to teleport" I explained and looked around. "Hey...do you remember the way back to the dorms?" She looked back at me. "Uh..." I sighed "I take that as a no" She began to panic to my annoyance "Oh no...we're lost...how to get out, where do we go?! What do we do?! We're both going to-" I cupped my hand over her mouth to calm her down. "Relax Marie, we will be fine. Look" I nodded my head to the map on the wall behind us. "Easy. We will be back in no time" she sighed in relief as we found the route and headed back from a long, eventful day.

*******************************

School was different now. The halls were silent. Lunch was no longer roudy and loud, but filled with whispers and a gloomy aura. No musician entered the band hall, no one even walked near it when heading to their next class. How could they? It's not everyday someone gets murdered in your school.

I had just been released from the hospital two days ago. Yuri would barely speak to me like she used to. I would get an occasional shy smile, but other than that, the world seemed to turn its back on me. You were there! I've been told. Why didn't you do anything?! And I would ask myself the same thing. It all happened right before me, before my very eyes, and I did nothing! Nothing but get beat myself. Nothing but have reoccurring nightmares of the same scene, over and over. Nothing, but be filled with regret and sorrow, from losing what was potentially one of my strongest friendships. "It's not your fault dear" my mother would try to comfort me. "Y-yeah...no one could have predicted Daisuke to do such a thing." Yuri would try to pitch in, but none of it helped. I would forever, never forgive myself.

Now as I roam the halls, I would feel the glares of my peers burning through the back of my head with blame. Even the gang treated me different as rumors spread. Sebastian didn't know how to speak to me anymore. He would try, but metaphorically, the cat caught his tongue. And for God's sake, I'd wish it would let go! I felt so alone, as if I were on a stranded island. Fiona and Brendan would barely even look my way. Akira tried to stay positive, but I can only imagine her hurt of losing her best friend, though it couldn't compare to mine. If I had a dollar for every time I was called coward, idiot, no good worthless piece of....I forbid myself to speak the cursing language. Anyway, I'd be dirty rich.

Daisuke was expelled for who knows how long, and sent behind bars, though he claimed to remember nothing. Even when they showed him the secret footage, he couldn't believe it. I found it odd but tried to control my hate. The band directors had been questioned of why no one was there, only to be sent out clean with good reasons. I'm not even sure how I feel about her disappearance. Lots of rumors had been passed around, with different thoughts and angles. "Perhaps someone hacked the system and paused the camera, so they could hide her else where without being seen" But the police shut that thought down with their investigation. I shook my head. It was doing me no good to ponder on the situation. I needed a way to forget all this. But I never could. Her picture kept playing through my mind, reminding me how I could have played the hero for her, but instead played the lowly coward that turned into the true hero's death.

*******************************