Angel Warrior Ch. 1

I took a deep breath. The air was cool and crisp this morning. It felt good, with a warm breeze softly blowing through my hair. My eyes were closed, I felt peace all around me relaxed. Breaking the silence was the sound of my name suddenly being called. 

  "KIM! Kimiko! Wake up!" at this I opened my eyes to reality once more. In doing so, I came face to face to my new friend Akira who was clearly annoyed by my absence, as she tapped her foot with her arms crossed. "What the heck are you doing slacking off?! We're going to be late!" at this she grabbed my arm and pulled me into the flood of students entering the door. I wasn't one for crowds, therefore I was waiting outside off to the right waiting for the numbers to die down, that, and I didn't want to be fighting to find my way infront of all the people. Today was my first day here at Spring Creek Academy, and I'm very honored to have been accepted here at such a prestigious prodigy school. None the less, I'm super shy and didn't want to ask my way around, so honestly I was kind of relieved to have been found by someone I know and lead the way.

  We had made our way into a separate hallway away from all the people, and I sighed in relief. Akira let go of my arm and spoke "Bet your glad we have the same classes, huh?" as we slowed our pace I guess she wanted to start a conversation to break the silence of just our echoing footsteps. "Yeah, I suppose so" I answered "It sure makes it easier on me, not having to memorize the whole building. I can just follow you. And I guess it makes it less awkward starting off with at least one friend." I then found myself being forced sideways into a row of lockers along the side of the hall. "Hey!" I shouted. "Whats with the "I guess" part of that, huh? From the sound of it you need me!" she chanted.  I made myself laugh, but truthfully I wasn't paying attention. As she continued to talk, my mind started to wonder all over the place. I started to take in details of the hallway. The school colors were obviously green and white, my logic due to the green lockers, White and green tile flooring, along with white and green flags that hung down from the ceiling.

  I awoke from my thoughts with a "We're here" alert from Akira, followed with the question "Are you ready?" My eyes gleamed as I stared at the door "You bet!" and with that, she opened the doors to my new first period. 

  As I stepped in, the energetic atmosphere hit me as if I had just walked through a wall. The students inside had already separated into their different cliques, which lead me to wonder where I should go. Then I realized the choice wasn't up to me as Akira once again grabbed my wrist leading me to the far left side of the classroom. "Morning everyone!" she greeted a group of students cheerfully. They all looked and stared at us. Their judging gazes gave me discomfort and I rubbed my arm nervously. Finally one girl brightened. "Morning Akira, who's this?" she asked with a refreshing smile. "Everyone, I'd like you to meet Kimiko Matzu, she just moved here and this is her first day, so help me make her feel welcome, kay?" Akira introduced me genuinely. To be honest, her mentioning my last name made me flinch a bit. I didn't know why, it just did. I bowed politely. "Pleasure meeting you all, its an honor to be here, its a very nice campus." "Yes indeed," responded a girl next to the one who spoke first. Her dark hair was worn very strict and neat, her clothes clean and ironed, she clearly had a bit of class to her. "My name is Fiona, I'm an academic prodigy, specializing in math and sciences. This is Yuri" she motioned to the girl who spoke first, she had blond hair with different colors died into strands and a pencil behind her ear "And this here is her brother, Yugi" she motioned to a boy with black hair wearing wire glasses. Though he quickly looked away, I caught a glimpse of his eyes. They happened to be my favorite shade of blue.

  "And I'm Brendan!" a blond haired guy nearly shouted. "Looking at your necklace, I predict you a musical prodigy?" he exclaimed. I quickly clutched my necklace with my right hand. It was a golden chained necklace with a silver vibraphone charm hooked on it. "Yeah.." I found myself answering weakly. I was debating whether I was embarrassed or just shaken by his voice. "I'll be joining your symphonic orchestra as a percussionist and pianist" To my surprise Yuri ended up shoving Brendan back into a desk behind them. "Lower your voice idiot! You're frightening the poor girl!" she playfully punched him on the shoulder then turned to me. "I'm sorry for Brendan, his voice is bigger than his brain" and on que to the remark Brendan pushed Yuri playfully back who then stumbled in her shoes. I couldn't help but chuckle. "So you correctly guessed mine, let me give you a shot" I said, taking a quick glance at him "Judging by the pin your wearing, I'm going to go with your a debate prodigy. Your voice is perfect for it!" I laughed, staring at his golden badge he wore on the left shoulder flap of his jacket. "You got it!" he winked at me and gave a thumbs up. "Yuri here is an amazing artist and her brother-" 

  "Good morning class" he was interrupted by a man in a brown suit and greased hair who had a suit case. "Morning Mr. Eric" the students chanted in routine, then rushed to take their assigned seats. I was left standing awkwardly not knowing where to go. "Ah, you must be Ms. Matzu, our new musical prodigy" Mr. Eric stated. Flinching again at my last name, I bowed respectfully "Yes sir, that is correct. Its a pleasure to be here" "It's our pleasure to have you. Now if you would quickly take that seat infront of Mr. Hozuki, we will begin shortly" I obeyed and made my way to my new assigned desk. It was to the far left next to the big window, and since this class was on the third floor, it was a pretty view, so I was pleased. But there was something else about the spot that made my stomach feel light, but I couldn't put my finger on it. Then, as though to answer my question, I heard a voice whisper in my ear that made my heart stop. "Kimiko, was it? I like the ring to that, it suits you. Welcome to our school" The voice was Yugi's.