Angel Warrior Ch. 5

At first, it was unbelievable. Me become an angel? You've got to be kidding me. But no, as it turns out, I executed the exact scenario in which I made all the requirements needed. As he explained, I learned this angel's name was Gerald, and one of the highest ranked Guardians. And wow, there sure was a lot to take in!

First off, the different categories of angels. Servants, who served under the direct order of God and stay with him. Protectors, who guard the Heaven Gates and are basically security. Keepers, who deal with the archives and handle all the information and files. Then, there's angels like Gerald, who are called Guardians. Guardian Angels protect the human race from demons who enter the world and possess humans trying to gain power and cause chaos in humanity. These battles often brake up into big wars, making our Guardians, Angel Warriors, who fight in the shadows to save humanity.

He took me around the different districts the Angel Realm. There were screen rooms, which had like security cameras in every nick and cranny of the earth to keep watch of everything. There were humongous libraries filled with scrolls, documents, files, and all sorts of other information. We walked past the throne room though, only servants were allowed there. Then we came to the Guardian section. And holy smokes, was it cool! There were battle arenas for training, walls filled with weaponry, I didn't get what the classrooms were for, then there were simulators.

"In order to be eligible to become a Guardian, there are strict criteria one must reach" Gerald told me as we walked through what seemed like a mall. I mean, it had restaurants and clothes stores, just, angelified. "You Kimiko, extraordinarily met that criteria. You were able to die while killing a demon which was possessing a human, in this case Daisuke, from the point of possession, saving him. This is a rare task only those qualified are tested by the Lord. Like I mentioned before, it was our fault we let that demon escape from under our custody, but I do believe God just wanted you on our forces, that is, if you accept." Wait, if I accept? What if I don't want to be an angel? What would happen to me? "Now I know your wondering what's going to happen to you if you decide the opposite. Well its simple. You die." My eyes widen. Death was my absolute worse fear. "B-but I thought, I was already dead sir...?" "Ah yes, well at the moment, your kinda half and half" "What do you mean by this?!" "Well you see, in an average death, the soul leaves the body behind to be transported to either Heaven or Hell. In your case, you can see you still have your body, notice your injuries still hurt." I look down at my shoulder as realization hit me. "Guardians need their physical bodies for battle, but there is a new set of magic that comes with the phenomenon. However, I'm afraid I'm out of time to explain. I'm only allowed 10 earthly minutes to explain what we are and what we do, but I'm afraid you have to choose now what you want to do. Train as a Guardian, or die and go where your soul will be sent." My mind went blank. Become an angel, or die. It seemed like a simple question, but each of the paths were filled with uncertainty. Fight demons, or fight my own sins. How was I expected to choose right now?! I looked up at Gerald and he gave me a soft smile "Its ok, Kim. I went through the same thing, we all did. Now, I didn't portray you as the shy type your acting like now" He was right. I'm very adventurous. But at the moment I wasn't being shy...I was afraid. "So, which one do you truely want?" I gulped. And I don't know if it was out of fear of death, or if it truely was my adventurous spirit kicking in, but I stated "I want to become a Guardian."
-----------------------------------------

"Ugh! How did I think I could do this?!" "Come on, you can do this Kim!" I hit my head against a thick text book. "I didn't know this involved insane school work!" I wined. "Oh come on, cheer up!" I looked up at my dorm mate, Marie-Ann. She was a new Guardian in training too. She told me her encounter with a demon, and I don't know about this one. It seemed rather bazaar. I mean, you get a new bow for your birthday, then a crazy psycho path bursts into the place and you happen to hit it in the right spot just as you're shot with their gun? If we do create miracles, that is one. "How are you so happy? I can't memorize all this in a week! Look how thick it is!" "Oh come on, stop looking at the cup half empty, and start looking at it half full" she smiled. "You've got five more days for less than 500 pages. If you memorize 100 pages a day, you have a little breathing room to review. And besides, all this information we need in the field, might as well do our best to learn it now" "I guess your right..." honestly I'm thankful I was given a room mate like this for the study portion of training. It will help me not lose focus in my daydreams. "Alright, so tell me. Who is your saved?" I sighed at her sudden trivia. "Our saved would be the person we died to protect from the demon. After training a Guardian would-" "No! I meant, who is your saved?" "The person I protected?" "Duh" she jumped onto the top bunk and laid on the edge, one arm and one leg hanging off the side. "His name is Yugi. A student I made friends with when I transferred to my new school" "That's cool" she yawned "Looking forward to reuniting with him?" I had to stop and think for a moment. It honestly hadn't crossed my mind how he would react. A Guardian and their saved would reunite after the Guardian received his or her individual training. Once this happens, the saved would have to agree to work with the Guardian and make a pact and promise. Once this takes place, the Guardian would loose their voice and the team would undergo more training together for the field. But really, how would Yugi accept all this? I sighed "I do want to see him again, he was becoming a good friend. But I'm not sure how he would handle all this. He's not a fighter if he's not in a videogame." She laughed "Mines close to that actually. My best friend wouldn't harm a fly, she's very shy and doesn't do big action or excitement. She would stay in her books all the time" she sighed thinking. "Well, no use in sulking over the whole thing. Wanna study some more?" "Good idea" she hopped down and joined me at my desk.

We studied with each other for a while until we heard a knock on our door. I wanted to check and see who it was, but Marie-Ann just swung the door wide open cheerfully. "Hi! I'm Marie-Ann, who are you?" I turned around to look out the door. It was a tall man with dark blue hair, it almost looked wet. "Hello young lady. Could I ask you and Miss Kimiko to come with me? We need to supply you two with your equipment" "What equipment?" Marie-Ann tried to ask, but before she finished he was already walking off. I shrugged and stood up to follow him. What else were we to do?
He looked back at us half way down the hall. "My name is Crusade. I will be your supplier as well as battle technique trainer. We are about to get you two your own weapons and bags" "Excuse me, I get the weapons, but bags?" "You will see" with that, we follow him to a junk filled room. I swear it had everything! I even saw an old worn out car against the wall! "Alright girls, stop right here" he handed us each a sling laptop bag "Now these aren't just any ordinary bags, they contain magic. You can put anything of any size into here. See, I will demonstrate." I had recognized he was wearing a satchel of his own. He walked over to a chair and touched it with his finger "In" and as soon as he said that, the chair disappeared. He then took a step back and pointed to a different location "Chair, out" and once again the chair appeared where he pointed. "Wow! That was amazing!" Marie-Ann clapped cheerfully. He just nodded his head. "Now for your weapons. Marie-Ann, you used a bow, correct? I present you your weapon" he handed her a beautiful hand crafted bow. "Woah..." her eyes widened as she admired her new weapon. "And here. This is a sheath filled with unlimited arrows. This is the weapon you will train with once we begin, use them wisely. Now Kimiko, time for you. Yours is unique. Since you used a blade that wasn't yours, you get to choose any blade. We have a katana or throwing knives in stock at the moment" I stood there thinking. Both of them were really cool! "I see you like both. Well it is possible for you to use both, it would just take extra training" "Then yes! I want to learn how to use both" he nods and hands me the weapons. "Wow...." I admired the blades in my hands. The katana had a beautifully designed handle, with a strong and long steel blade with a slight curve. He gave me a belt in which there were two holders. I took out one of the knives and another automatically appeared to take its place. The handles were a pretty blue and the blade had a nice dragon design against the side. "This is so cool..." Crusade started walking to the door "There is one more thing we must do, follow me" he brought us back down the long hallway to a much smaller door, lined with gold for its frame. "Alright, only one of you can come in at a time, who wants to go first?" "What are we doing?" "We are testing what category of powers you have been given. It is a sacred ceremony, so I'm afraid I can't tell you more until we enter" I took a deep breath, but before I could volunteer Marie-Ann beat me to it. "Lets do this" he nods and leads her in. I looked around as I waited. We were close to the end of the hallway, so I walked forward to see where it lead.
It was beautiful! A huge garden, with every kind of plant you could name. A big fountain in the middle of a small pond, which broke off into small rivers to water all the gardens. That's when I spotted something. A dove flew across the garden and landed on someone's arm. There was a tall boy standing under a huge oak tree, animals gathered all around him. I watched in awe at the sight, as he whispered in their ears, stroking their heads, even fish swam up to the surface to see the boy. That's when he looked up at me and I froze. He had long, light brown hair, and navy, almost grey eyes. He wore a blue t-shirt and a thin, white jacket. He gave me a soft smile and waved. I brought my hand up shyly to wave back when my name was shouted behind me. Crusade was calling me for my turn, and I quickly fled back to take my turn in the mysterious room.