Chapter 30 - (2.1K Words)

Start from the beginning

"Who was your friend? What was his name?" You asked. "I don't think I ever ended up meeting him."

"That was Youngbae, Dong Youngbae," Jiyong answered. "He wasn't as interested in you as I was, so he followed the other boy instead. We've been friends for a very long time."

"What happened to him?" You asked.

"I don't know, I haven't seen him since then," Jiyong answered, clearly annoyed that you didn't know either. "I suppose your friend took care of him before he came over and ruined our fun."

"Would you have heard if he something happened to him?" You asked. "You said you were close. Someone would tell you if he was in trouble, right?"

"Yeah, that's how it works in Daegu," he nodded, approving your deduction. "We all look out for each other, and we make sure that everybody knows what's going on. If something happened to Youngbae, everyone would know about it, not just me."

"And you didn't hear anything about him before you were brought here, did you?" You asked, wanting to make sure.

"No, I didn't hear anything, but that doesn't mean that something didn't happen to him," Jiyong uncrossed his arms. "He could have been brought here too, for all I know. But, none of your boyfriends will tell me anything."

Namjoon moved from his spot on the wall. You gave him a death stare, which made him freeze in his spot. You slowly shook your head from side to side, and he took the hint. He crossed his arms over his chest, and leaned back against the wall.

Not now. Not while he's cooperating.

"It's like he just disappeared," Jiyong said, completely oblivious to what was going on around him. "Nobody knows where he's at, and nobody's heard from him, but everyone would know if he's in trouble."

"So, he just disappeared?" You asked, the gears in your head working.

"He's not the only one who disappeared, you know," Jiyong said, leaning forward and raising his eyebrows. "The boys who were walking with you through Daegu came back to town late that night."

"Really?" You pretended to be surprised to get him to keep talking. "I didn't know they went back."

"Yeah, but they weren't in the city for long," he said. "They were picked up by a black SUV and taken somewhere else."

"When was the last time that you saw them?"

"I was out with some friends in a bar last night, and they came in saying that they were looking for me," Jiyong said. "So, I got out of there as quickly as I could and hid in one of the back alleys until they left."

"Your friends wouldn't sell you out, would they?" You asked, imagining the kind of people Jiyong could have for friends.

"No, they would never do that," he shook his head. "We all have a system of loyalty. Nobody sells anybody out unless they know exactly what's going on. And besides, those two stuck out like sore thumbs in that bar. You don't trust people that don't fit in."

"Did you see them get into the vehicle?"

"Yeah, but it was kind of weird how it all happened," he said, furrowing his eyebrows. "It was like it was rushed, like neither one of them was expecting it. When they came out of the bar, the car was waiting for them on the side of the street. Somebody opened the doors for them and told them to get in."

You decided not to interrupt. You leaned forward, and waited for him to go on. Now you were genuinely interested.

"But before they could get in the car, the person driving said that there was supposed to be three people, not two," he held up three fingers. "But, the one who opened the door said that they needed to leave--they didn't have enough time to go looking for the third person."