Chapter Three ; A Gift

A few weeks had passed since they agreed to stay with Chaos. They had been situated into a large room in the Chaos Palace. For the most part, the nurse cat-lady had requested Annabeth stay in bed and rest her leg, despite the blonde girl's protest. Percy made sure she stayed in bed, wanting her to stay safe and rested anyway. Today, Annabeth was finally being "released" so the two could actually venture outside of the palace. 

Annabeth had been rambling on about architecture, but Percy only stared at her with smile. He wasn't listening, he rarely did, he was too busy admiring her beauty. He loved the way her eyes lit up as she spoke about the things she was passionate about. He hadn't noticed she stopped talking until she frowned deeply, "Percy? You're not listening are you...?"

Percy blinked and smiled sheepishly, "No, no, of course I am. Something about flying buttresses and rounded windows." He took her hand in his, "Go on, I'm listening now."

Annabeth rolled her eyes but couldn't resist smiling. "Sure you are, Seaweed Brain," she said. Hearing someone clearing their throat, both turned to see Chaos standing in the doorway. 

"My apologies. Are you ready for a tour?" he had asked with a small smile.

"Oh, you're giving us the tour? Don't you have... creator-y things to do?" Percy would asked. The demigod wasn't used to the immortal beings having any time for him. Or anyone but themselves really. 

Chaos beckoned them to follow him and he did, speaking as they went, "I do have one tiny thing to do before, it's on the way. But I do find tending to my guests more important than my duties." 

Percy glanced at Annabeth, but she wasn't paying attention. Instead she was scanning the entire hall. From ceiling to floor. Architecture stuff probably. He turned his attention back to Chaos. They were approaching a set of large double doors. Despite the large steel bar handles on the door, Chaos simply raised his hand and made a small pushing motion forward. The doors opened as he walked into the room, the demigods following him and looking around. 

Annabeth saw the structure first. Percy had his attention caught by the kids hanging around what appeared to be Chaos' throne. There had been about six of them, all dressed in silver lined cloaks, and black leather armor underneath. He guessed their ages ranged from about 10 to 20. The youngest was pacing back and forth. A boy and girl of about 16 seemed to be bickering with each other about something. One guy sat on the steps, looking bored out of his mind. Another was standing at attention once he spotted Chaos. The last of the small group leaned against the wall, arms crossed and hood up so it shadowed their face. 

Percy definitely wondered who these kids were. It wasn't strange to see a ten year old dressed in any kind of armor, but he was curious about them. "Children, come on now, let's all get along now, yes?" Chaos called with a grin as he approached. Suddenly everyone but the kid against the wall was at attention. 

Despite not being able to see their face, Percy had a strange feeling as if he were being watched and he was almost certain it was whoever stood beneath the hood. He had looked away just as Chaos was finished speaking quietly with them, which Percy hadn't even noticed. "Now, I will introduce everyone. Percy, Annabeth, these are the Knights of Chaos. They are my personal team who, while I am unable to do so or busy with another issue, help keep balance in the universe." Chaos spread his arm out to the line of six. "Markus is captain, the 'leader' of the Knights while I am not with them. Which happens to be a lot of the time. Agata is second-in-command." 

Now, Percy had expected Chaos to gesture toward the oldest girl in their group. Instead, he had been gesturing down toward the ten year old girl - or he assumed to be ten, he wasn't so sure now. Her electric blue eyes reminded him of Thalia. He felt a jab of pain, being reminded of Earth. However, she had brunette hair. She had smiled at waved up at Percy and Annabeth.