Evil Alaric

Alaric was hooked up to this massive portal looking thing, which apparently was a MRI machine. I still think its a portal to Narnia you know, minus the wardrobe.

"What are you looking for?" Elena broke the slightly unnerving silence. "I don't know. A tumor, vascular anomalies, anything physical that might explain his behavior. If it's medical, I can treat it" Meredith replied as we stood around many computer screens . English please.

"And if its not" Elena continued skeptically. "Well, then we'll deal with that too " Meredith assured mostly herself.

"When did you suspect him?" Elena questioned "That it was Alaric who was killing all of those people?" That was something I wanted to know

"It was after he told me about his ring. I remembered a story my grandmother had told me about Samantha Gilbert and her secret journal. I don't know if you know this, but we Fells are notorious busy-bodies"

God they really are, I remember Logan Fell god, what a douche.

"But then, why did you protect him?" I spoke up for the first time making Meredith and Elena glance at m.

She looked thoughtful for a moment "Because I'm a doctor, I don't like to see someone hurt by something they have no control over. And because when he and I first met I felt like I don't know, I- I just kind of want to help him"

I nodded in understanding while Alaric was pulled into the portal. He looked like he was panicking, Meredith leaned into a microphone "Everything alright in there ?"

It was a while until we got a answer and it was barely a whisper."Yeah, Yeah, everything's okay"

I decided to wait in the car because hospitals made my skin crawl. I saw Elena arguing with Damon. She got in the car huffing .

I raised my eyebrows, but thought it be best if I changed the subject "Whats going to happen now?" I asked.

She sighed "I have to talk to Bonnie now." I snorted "Good luck with that"

She gave me a disproving look then went on to lecture me that Bonnie was going through a hard time at the moment. I mean I get that but she doesn't need to shut me out.

We then headed to the boarding house to pick up a book on Elena's ancestor, Samantha Gilbert.

We found the book and where heading out of the giant library when Stefan showed up, holding a blood bag. Great.

" Hi " Elena said awkwardly, while I grunted in greeting. "Hey" He replied putting down the blood bag that was making my stomach lurch.

"I'm sorry, Damon told Alaric that there was no one home, otherwise I would have" Elena began. "I just got home" Stefan cut her of. A big part of me felt as if I should leave but nah.

"I just came by to pick up this book that you found, on my ancestor, Samantha." She explained.

"That's fine" God you could feel the tension linger .

Elena walked closer to him while I just stood there wishing the ground would swallow me "How are you doing? Damon said that you were"

Stefan once again cut her of "Yeah, I'm I'm okay. Did you get everything you need?"

"Yeah. Well, if there's anything I can do to help" Elena stated as she went to leave I turned around ready to leave too, But Stefan's voice make us turn back "You don't have to read that, you know"

"I can just tell you what happened" He continued "Samantha Gilbert was committed to an insane asylum, she tried to give herself a lobotomy with a knitting needle, and bled to death on the floor of her cell." I retched at the thought "If the same thing is happening to Alaric then there is nothing you can do"