Chapter 27 Somethings not right

Night turned to morning and still my mind was taken with endless thoughts of Elsa. Elsa, saying that name, even in my head, still gave me chills. It had been years since I had aloud myself to think about 'that girl' let alone acknowledge her as my sister whom I had once been so very close to.

The flesh of my temples pounded lightly against my finger tips as I attempted to massage away the headache that had stuck with me all night. My eyes ached from the tears that I hadnt allowed the freedom of falling, and everything hurt, even my hair. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that seeing just a tiny glimpse of my sister would affect me in such a way as it has.

I always pictured myself storming up to her and demanding for her to give me my magic back, or approaching slowly, but strongly and asking why she had turned so cold to me. My mind created many different senarios of how we would meet again, but all of them had to same theme of me coming off as strong and powerful just on my own with no help from the magic that once fueled me and now fueled her, and yet here I am falling apart at the seams.

Pan hadnt come back. I dont know where he went, and im convinced I never will. I didnt leave the tree house yet, but I had been waiting by the window for him. I have no idea why his presence would make me feel better, my mind was just telling me it would. Maybe its because im sure he knows more than he is letting on and the idea of someone knowing something about her appearance would give me a sort of clarity in a weird, nonsensical way.

I was so wrapped up in my thoughts that I nearly lost my balance when a hand clapped down on my shoulder. "Brandon?" I gasped, placing a hand on my racing heart. "What are you doing?"

The brunette boy whom I had seen nearly in tears from bullying a few weeks ago stood inches from me, eyes wide with an unknown emotion. I realized as I was staring at his disheveled appearance that I had never actually heard him speak before. 

"Felix." He breathed.

"Felix? What about Felix?" I asked quickly, brushing away the cold sweat that broke out on my forehead as flashes of the day before flew through my mind.

"You saw Elsa right?"

"What?" I asked panicked. 

"But before that you spoke to Felix. He told you where to meet her, right?" 

"He- he gave me a piece of paper. What does that have to do with-"

"Somethings not right with him. I think Elsa might be controlling him."

"Wait." I placed my hand against my forehead. "Pan said he was on the far side of the island when I thought I saw him."

Brandon shook his head, his shaggy hair falling in his face as he did so. "I know. I was with him for a while, but then he just disappeared. None of us knew where he was, but he always obeys Pans orders without question so we just assumed he had been called back and we just didnt realize it."

"Okay-"

"But that wasnt what happened. When we got back last night I accidentally overheard  Pan questioning him about talking to you and asking if he knew anything."

I stared back in anticipation, my mind swimming with unasked questions. "And?"

"He acted like he didnt know what Pan was talking about and he seemed pretty genuine."

"Okay, im crazy. I already established that. I dont understand why you're-"

"But then I saw his wrist." 

"His wrist?"

"There was a perfect snowflake on his skin, almost like he was branded. It all makes sense, being somewhere and not having any memory of it."

"But- why would she-"

"I dont know." He replied hurriedly, glancing past me out of the window at something unseen. "I have to go, but just- trust me okay?"

"Wait!" I cried as he hurried over to the ladder. "What should I-"

"Talk to Felix." He replied, dashing out of sight and leaving me in confusion.