Is This The End?

(A/N: OMG THE STORY IS FINISHED!!!!!!!!! =( I hope you liked it!!!!!) 

I woke up sweating. My palms were slippery and I was a nervous wreck. I knew what I had to say to Jessica. I had to end it finally. I got ready for school slowly, trying to stall time but eventually it was time to leave. Somehow my nerves skyrocketed and I wanted to throw up. I was really twitchy. When I got to school, Jessica knew something was up straight away but I just shrugged it off. She dropped it but throughout the day I caught her staring at me. By lunch I was starting to get annoyed with Jessica. I think I was finally realising that she isn’t good for me. I definitely know that Sam isn’t good for me and I guess after I say what I have to say, me and Grace can still talk right? I hope so. Today went so agonisingly slow! I fidgeted every minute and I had butterflies. I was hoping to talk to Jessica just after school where no one can hear.

I was in Science, our last subject for the day and I was so nervous I had to keep asking to go to the toilet. On the fifth time I asked to go I heard a smart ass comment.

“She must have diarrhoea or something,” a guy snickered. That made me angry, plus all the nerves did not help my mood. I hurried to the bathroom to splash water on my face to calm myself down. It helped a little bit. I started practicing some breathing exercises and after a while I felt my body relaxing. I took deep breaths and headed back to class for the last ten minutes of school.

Ten Minutes Later

The bell rang for the end of the day. This is it I told myself, time to end things for good. I walked out of class slowly contemplating on how to start this. I walked to my locker and just as I was finishing putting my things in, Jessica walked briskly past me.

“Hey Jessica! Wait up!” I yelled grabbing her arm. The hallways were empty by this time because it was a Friday and everyone was rushing to get home to start partying and getting ready for the weekend. When I spun her around to face me she looked annoyed.

“Could you hurry up please? I have to get home.” She said quickly, still walking outside.

“Okay. So, where to begin? I better just say it. I don’t think we should be friends anymore,” I said calmly. She spun around quickly.

“What did you say?” she had anger written all over her face and her voice wavered.

“I said I don’t want to be friends anymore. We can’t be friends anymore.”

“Bu-but why?” she stuttered.

“Because you’re not good for me. You should just stay with Sam or something. You seem to be happier with her.” I said bitterly.

“I’m not good for you! Are you kidding me? We’ve been friends for like ever! How can I not be good for you?” she yelled in my face and I refused to back down.

“You’re not a good friend.” I tried again. I watched as her face went from angry to absolutely furious. I could see tears of anger forming in her eyes.

“Really?” she spat. “Is Emily a good friend huh? Is this all because of her? I’m not stupid Summer! You’ve been staring at her all day!” I looked down at the floor but I refused to cave in. I looked back up and saw tears streaming down her face. This hurt me a lot. I hated seeing her cry and knowing that I’d caused it made me feel even worse. But I have to end this I reminded myself.

“Before, when you decided to dump me for Sam, I went to Emily and she was an amazing friend. She helped me through this and then guess what I did? I did exactly what you did to me! I left her for you! But now I realise that that was the biggest mistake ever and I’m trying to fix it!” I yelled angrily tears threatening to flow. I angrily wiped them away not wanting to cry in front of Jessica.

“Fine! Just know Summer, you’re making the biggest mistake of your life. You want out? Fine I’m gone! Just don’t come crawling back to me when you realise how much you need me!” she screamed. She had tears pouring down her face now and her eyes were swollen and bloodshot. She turned around and ran out the school doors. I just stood there watching her run away. I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Emily who hugged me. Over her shoulder I saw Jessica running towards her car.

A single tear fell from my eyes as I watched my best friend run away from me.

Away from my life.

And most importantly away from my heart.