What's Wrong With Sam?

(A/N: Sorry this is so short!!!!!!!!!!!! Picture of Sam on the right!!!!!)

Ahh! I groaned inwardly. If you’re wondering why I’m so distressed then it is because I am sitting in Maths chewing my pencil trying to pass this test. I was hoping for at least a B but I am so crap at Maths it’s not funny. I was nearly finished when the bell went. Damn! I quickly scribbled down some random numbers and handed my paper in. Say hello to Fails Ville I thought miserably. Jessica ran up beside me.

“How easy was that test!” she exclaimed. I frowned.

“Yeah… really easy,” I said sarcastically. My sarcasm seemed to go unnoticed though as she kept on talking about the questions.

It had now been a week since I broke up with Taylor and Sam has still been cold to me. Jessica hasn’t spoken to her and I’ve been really distant lately.

We were by my locker when I heard footsteps near me. I looked up in surprise; it was Taylor.

“Hi Summer,” he said happily. I frowned.

“Uh… hi,” I replied confused. I wasn’t angry with him anymore but this was the first time he’d tried to talk to me.

“I was thinking that maybe we could still be friends?” he had a hopeful look on his face. I felt a smile come onto my face. Even though he’d been cheating on me he had been an amazing friend and I really regretted losing that with him. I nodded.

“I’d like that,”

“Great!” he beamed. “Well, I’ll catch you later,” he waved running off to another boy who he kissed and walked hand in hand towards the doors leading to the car park. I smiled again. I heard a cough behind me and I jumped. I’d completely forgotten Jessica. I looked at her and she raised an eyebrow.

“What?” I shrugged.

“Nothing,” she shook her head slowly. We walked to her car.

“You wanna come round my place this afternoon?” Jessica asked. I raised my eyebrows. Usually when she invited me over, other people would be there to.

“Who’s gunna be there?” I asked bluntly. She blushed a little.

“Umm… Grace and Sam,” I barely heard her. I sighed.

“Look Summer. You can’t keep ignoring her!”

“I know! Fine! I’ll come!” I said climbing into the passenger’s seat with a humph. She climbed in with a huge smile on her face. I just rolled my eyes and turned the radio on loudly. We both ended up singing our hearts out to Shy Ronnie by Rihanna. I was in a good mood till we pulled up outside her house and I saw Sam’s car parked outside. I sighed (I seem to be doing that a lot lately) and felt Jessica’s hand in mine for reassurance.

I got out the car and walked into her house. I’d been there so many times it felt like a second home to me.

“Mum!” Jessica called behind me.

“Sam and Grace are upstairs Hunny!” she called back from the kitchen. We started to walk up the stairs to her bedroom. I took a deep breath before walking into her room. I completely ignored Sam’s stares and sat down on Jessica’s soft bed. Grace came over and gave me a hug.

“How are you going Summer? I feel like I haven’t seen you in ages,” she said. I felt guilty for ignoring all my friends except for Jessica.

“I know, I’m sorry. I’ve just been so busy,” I trailed off. Sam was sitting at Jessica’s desk and Grace was on lying on a bean bag. Jessica came and sat next to me on the bed with a big smile on her face. Something was wrong though, it looked forced. I frowned and looked at her trying to tell her something with my eyes but she just looked away.

“You guys wanna watch a movie?” Grace and Sam said yes so I just nodded.

“How about Grown Ups?” I smiled. My favourite movie!

“Sure,” Grace said.

“Cool, let me go downstairs and make some popcorn,” she looked at me. “Can you put the movie in the DVD player?” I nodded and got up to her DVD shelf to find the movie. Once I found it I put it in and turned the TV on.

“Why have you been ignoring me?” I heard those words come out of Sam’s mouth and I froze in shock. Me ignoring her!? It’s more like her ignoring me! I slowly turned around and saw her looking at me with hurt in her eyes. I was so shocked!

“I haven’t! You’re the one who has suddenly gone all bitchy!” I said indignantly. She looked surprised but quickly hid it. She didn’t say anything else so I got up and sat on the end of the bed not looking at her. For some reason I wanted to cry and tell her everything’s fine but I didn’t want to give her the satisfaction and apologise for something I haven’t done.

“Why have you been so cold to me?” I asked hurt evident in my voice. I glanced around the room and realised that Grace wasn’t here. She must have gone downstairs. I heard movement and Sam was towering over me.

“Don’t I mean anything to you anymore?” I whispered as tears ran down my face. I heard an intake of breath and she was sitting beside me.

“Look at me Summer,” she said softly. I turned and looked into her face. Her eyes were glistening but there was something else there; something I didn’t understand.

“I’m jealous Summer,” I frowned. Jealous? Jealous of what? I shook my head slowly.

“Of what exactly?”

“You and Jessica,” She was hiding something from me. I could tell by her eyes.

“You’re keeping something from me,” I said my voice rose slightly. Shock came across her face but disappeared as soon as it came.

“W-why would you say that?” she asked shakily.

“You’re eyes. You can’t lie to me Sam. I know you so well,”

“You-you’re not good for me Summer,” she said looking me in the eyes. I was confused. What does she mean? “I don’t think we should be friends,” I stared at her in bewilderment. What?! She started to rise of the bed but I stopped her.

“What are you talking about Sam?” I asked calmly. She started to break down.

“You shouldn’t be Jessica’s best friend! I’ve always been a better friend to her then you!” she yelled in between tears. What the hell was she talking about!? She got up and stormed down the stairs. Soon after I heard the front door open then slam shut. I walked to the window just in time to see her car disappearing down the street. I sighed. I have a feeling I just lost an important friend. Tears were sliding down my cheeks and I heard Jessica coming up behind me. For the second time I was in her arms crying my eyes out.