I tried to smile back, but it didn't fully develop so I gave them a nod instead. "See you."

I turned and walked away, making my way towards the parking lot -- where my car was supposed to be. I glanced back, making sure Logan and his friends weren't watching me and hurried to get out of their view, just in case they caught me walking.

As soon as I thought I was out of their view completely, someone called my name from behind me.

"Lauren?"

And all hope is gone.

I slowly turned towards the direction of the voice. Logan was in his car, driving beside me at the pace I was walking.

"Oh.. hi," I said with a small wave of my hand and a sheepish smile.

"Why are you walking?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Where's your car?"

"Well, because I.." I paused, thinking I could make something up, but I knew he'd see right through me and gave up on the spot. "I didn't actually bring my car."

"So you're walking to the doctors' office?"

I sighed and pursed my lips. "I'm not going to the doctor. I was actually just going back to my house." I ducked my head, looking down at my feet. I felt bad for lying to him, but I knew it wasn't a big deal, so why did I feel so bad?

"Well, do you want a ride?"

I looked up at him with cautious eyes. He was being nice and offering to drive me home, even after I'd lied right to his face.

I opened my mouth to say no, but closed it and smiled shyly.

"Sure,"

I walked around his car, and climbed into the passenger's seat. "Thanks." I muttered quietly once I strapped the seatbelt across my torso.

"No problem." He smiled, giving me a sideways glance.

I turned and looked out the window, watching as everything passed by slowly. As we were about to exit the park, I felt my inner light bulb light up. I glanced at Logan and chewed the inside of my cheek, debating whether what I was about to suggest was a good idea or not.

"Do you think you could show me around the city?" I asked cautiously. "I mean, I've lived here for over a month, but I haven't gotten to know much, and uh, I.."

He looked at me -- literally just glanced -- and I instantly beat myself up for even asking. "I mean, you don't have to. I was just wondering. I--That stupid, I don't even know why I asked--"

"Lauren," He said, his lips curling upwards in an amused smile.

"What?" I asked, wide-eyed.

"I didn't say I wouldn't." He assured me.

I looked away, feeling my cheeks warming up in embarrassment.

"But seriously, I wouldn't mind at all."

I peered back at him to see that he was smiling. I, too, felt my lips curl up in a small smile. "Okay, then. Where should we start?"

"I don't know," He frowned in concentration. "Why don't we start with Barnes and Nobles? I've noticed that you like to read." He suggested with a glance down at my book.

I smiled to myself. I loved bookstores, espcially Barnes and Nobles.

  "Okay."